SummaryCuraleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States, Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 130 dispensaries, 25 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 5,000 team members. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
Curaleaf's Sr. Accountant will work within the finance department and support management and staff through performing technical and administrative functions including general accounting, payroll administration, bookkeeping, financial reporting, and administrative support. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of managing cross-functional tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment and must be able to wear multiple hats.
We are looking for an experienced accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. Responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has 2-3 years of experience and is comfortable working independently or as part of a team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play a key role in the daily accounting activities and assist in month-end close process by preparing journal entries (including but not limited to cash, fixed assets prepaids, accruals, and inter-company transactions) and managing various asset and liability reconciliations.
- Perform account analysis and maintain account reconciliations, including bank statements and intercompany general ledger accounts.
- Assist with external and internal audit requests, including quarterly reviews and the yearend audit.
- Assist A/R and A/P teams with customer and vendor management as needed.
- Compile internal management reports and seek to find value in financial data.
- Participate in special projects/oversight of additional technical accounting areas as assigned.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Assist with the continuous improvement of processes and procedures as company expands in to new and established markets
Education Required: BS in Accounting
Experience Required: 2-3 years general ledger accounting and financial analysis experience.
- Advanced Excel skills required, including the ability to use V-lookups and pivot tables
- Experienced in the use of accounting software (experience in Microsoft Dynamics accounting software preferred)
- Experience with SOX internal controls is preferred
- Experience with intercompany transactions is preferred
- Must have a solid understanding of accounting concepts and basic accounting fundamentals: GAAP, general ledgers, financial accounting statements, P&L statements, and Excel.
- Demonstrated experience with general ledgers, account reconciliations, bank accounts, customer and vendor statements
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and follow-up skills
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.