The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for handling patient transactions and inventory at the dispensary and dispensing medicinal cannabis products to patients. The Pharmacy Technician will also be responsible for checking and verifying patient identification, patient registration information, and enter drug history and dispensing information into tracking and recordkeeping systems.
Additional responsibilities may include, but will not necessarily be limited to:
- Maintaining pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed medications and supplies, placing and expediting orders, verifying receipt, and removing outdated products.
- Recording medical information while maintaining confidentiality and compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Delivering quality customer service to patients, responding to inquiries, questions, or requests, and referring them to the pharmacist for medical information
- Verifying the accuracy of patient information
- Assist Pharmacist to prepare cannabis for dispensing, typing, and attaching medication labels
- Performing inventory audits and purchasing supplies and medication
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Current, Unrestricted Virginia Pharmacist Technicians License, Required
- Must have at least 2 years of experience practicing as a pharmacy technician
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to use a computer for day-to-day tasks
- Basic math skills
- Customer service experience
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Dalitso is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
401(k) with Company Match
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability