SummaryCuraleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States, Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 130 dispensaries, 25 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 5,000 team members. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
We're looking for a bright and energetic go-getter to join our company as a Sales Coordinator. You will be a key player in supporting and streamlining our sales operations, with your communication skills and analytical abilities. Your primary focus in this role will be to help optimize and support our sales team, manage sales teams and facilitate communication between sales representatives, while also organizing large amounts of data. With this position, you have to be highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, and extremely efficient.
What You'll Do:
- Maintain organized sales records and report month-end goal setting to the senior management teams
- Support senior management by completing orders and keeping customers informed of delays and delivery dates
- Attend essential sales training meetings and develop an understanding of all the company's services and products
- Monitor and organize inventory while effectively tracking new services and products for sale
- Contribute to overall customer satisfaction by promptly answering emails and handling orders
- Administrative tasks such as managing schedules and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Establish active communication and engagement with sales representatives to ensure that orders are processed promptly
- Assess the requirements of the organization with respect to its operations and functions to identify inefficiencies, document business process flowcharts, and draft proposals for process optimization.
- Collaborate with Sales to innovate and develop scalable solutions across industry challenges
- Act as a liaison between Sales and Product teams
- Lead data mining process and distribution for the Sales & Executive teams
- Work alongside Special Projects Manager to develop a roadmap of projects and initiatives for enablement of new capabilities
- Manage the Salesforce (SFDC)/Tech stack requests, support tickets, and data-migration practicesOrganize and gather large amounts of data from various sources: Salesforce, SalesLoft, Industry dashboards, MS Excel/Google Sheets to name a few
What You'll Need:
- Must be over 21 years of age
- Minimum 1-year working experience (data mining or data analysis preferred!)
- Ability to compile and manage large amounts of data; Google and MS Suite proficiency is a necessity
- Any prior Salesforce (or similar CRM) experience is a plus and highly recommended
- Proficiency in crafting data pulls from both decentralized systems and data warehouse required
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills (includes the ability to learn new skills and technologies in order to perform advanced analyses)
- Organized, process driven, and detail-oriented (but without getting lost in the details)
- Proven record of taking all tasks to completion
- Can work efficiently, both independently and with others
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced, startup environment
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.