SummaryThe Botanist, an Acreage Holdings Company, is a state-licensed marijuana facility that services licensed medical marijuana patients in the State of Connecticut . Acreage Holdings is committed to improve the quality of healthcare for patients using natural, plant-based medicine while maintaining compliance with state regulations. As a Dispensary Pharmacist, you have the opportunity to use your degree and skills in this unique environment, guiding patients to improve their quality of life while helping relieve their symptoms, giving them the best optimal care.
Job descriptions are, but not limited to, the following:
- Follow all state regulations regarding the dispensing of medical and/or adult-use cannabis products.
- Follow all state pharmacy practice regulations regarding counseling of patients.
- Comply with all inventory control measures set forth by state regulations and by Acreage Holdings SOPs.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines.
- Have a full comprehension of the different components of cannabis, including cannabinoids and terpenes, and how these compounds interact with the endogenous cannabinoid system.
- Able to interpret laboratory results for cannabis products sold; able to use this information to recommend appropriate products to patients.
- Conduct patient consultations in a professional, empathetic manner that will include a:
- Review of a patient's diagnosis and symptoms associated with that diagnosis
- Review of a patient's other health conditions, if applicable
- Monitoring for potential drug interactions and provide counseling/guidance if appropriate
- Check with a patient's previous experience with cannabis-based medicines
- Discussion about the risks and benefits of marijuana use
- Review of the different modes of delivery
- Brief discussion about the components of cannabis to the patient.
- Recommend appropriate products with appropriate dosing based on the information provided by the patient, caregiver and/or physician.
- Follow up with patients via phone conversations and electronic means to document symptom relief, medication changes, optimal dosing, and medication changes.
- Provide specific training to appropriate staff members.
- Be involved in outreach efforts to market the company and provide accurate information to (but not limited to):
- Community groups
- Patient-support groups
- Providers and healthcare networks
- Universities and colleges
- Be open and available to conduct research projects with different entities, if compliant with all state regulations.
- Complete at least one hour of continuing education yearly that encompasses cannabis medicine.
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy
- Active pharmacist license, in good standing, from the State of Connecticut
- Able to gain access to the Connecticut's Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP).
- Experience in a retail pharmacy setting.
- At least one year of managerial experience.
- Doctorate of Pharmacy degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy
Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Acreage Holdings, Inc., and its affiliated companies (collectively, the "Company") value the health, safety and wellbeing of its employees, customers, their families, and other visitors of our offices and facilities and have instituted several safeguards and protective measures, including mandatory vaccination requirements, to prevent the spread of COVID-19 exposures and infections. Accordingly, the Company's Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be eligible for employment with the Company, except for individuals with a documented and approved medical or religious exemption, or other exemption as provided under applicable law.
For purposes of this Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, an individual is considered fully vaccinated when two weeks have passed following receipt of the second dose in a two-dose vaccination series (such as Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks have passed following a single-dose vaccination (such Johnson & Johnson). Additionally, candidates who accept an offer of employment will be provided with instructions for securely submitting proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to the individual's start date, as well as the Company's process for requesting and completing an applicable medical or religious exemption form. No medical documentation should be submitted to the Company prior to receiving such instructions from the Company's recruiter or other designated human resources professional.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.