SummaryCuraleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States, Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 130 dispensaries, 25 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 5,000 team members. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
Reporting to the district manager, this role will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of initiatives relative to the strategic direction of the organization via the company's retail dispensaries
- This person will be responsible for the development and management of the retail dispensary and field operations team in Bellmawr NJ
- Responsibility for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of initiatives relative to the strategic direction of the organization via the company's retail dispensary located in Bellmawr
- Lead the store workforce management team to drive efficiencies in store scheduling, payroll forecasting, reporting and administration of incentive programs in conjunction with the District Manager
- Partner with the finance and accounting department to analyze store incentive programs to recommend changes that will drive top line growth and/or expense savings
- Create a consistent in-store experience for New Jersey customers; work with operations leaders to ensure store experience meets expectations consistently
- Primary liaison between the District Manager and store leaders to ensure that all information is communicated in a timely, consistent, and brand appropriate manner
- Partner with all departments such as Compliance, Marketing, Security, Operations, Logistics and Cultivation to ensure a smooth operation to meet daily business needs
- Ensure dispensary operates in full compliance with all local, state and federal laws with New Jersey
- Coordinate with Operations team on inventory supply including necessary inventory and logistics to and from retail locations in New Jersey
- Recruit and develop Dispensary Management in Bellmawr
- In partnership with the District Manager create all retail KPIs and work with the Dispensary Manager to meet and exceed
- Monitor the store's inventory, staffing, and other operational aspects to optimize store performance
- Responsible for communicating regional performance and feedback to the District Manager & RVP of Retail
- Stay informed of new technology and cannabis industry initiatives to drive innovation and efficiency within stores
- Partner with the Human Resources department to support training tools and new hire onboarding process to enhance customer experience and increase store productivity
- 8+ years of retail and operational experience, specifically in field operations, workforce management and communications
- Experience in the medical cannabis industry desirable, but not required
- Must be a collaborative team player who can both nurture and develop retail management
- Strong organizational, project management and time management skills to successfully implement strategic initiatives from initial idea through execution
- Strong quantitative, analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication, critical-thinking, and presentation skills; including the ability to provide written and verbal direction effectively
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must display professional telephone etiquette and be able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Ability to effectively present information in one on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry our instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 or more pounds and regularly move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is normal.
The noise level in the work environment is normal. The employee is frequently exposed to an environment of natural chemical fumes, herbal aromas, airborne particles, exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. Employee will have moderate exposure to conditions such as dust and particles that affect the respiratory system, eyes, or the skin, depending on department job assignments. Personal Protective Equipment is provided for employees to utilize
Curaleaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.