A Smokey’s shift lead must meet all Budtender criteria and perform all budtending responsibilities to a superior level. The holiday seasons (mid Nov- Jan 1st) as well as April 20th, July 4th and other national holidays are expected to be busy and staffing needs will require more staffing. This could lead to limited time off during these time frames. As a lead they are responsible to directly training and coaching budtenders, leading a shift smoothly as well as the responsibilities outlined below.
Pay is $13.50- $15.50/hour DOE + shared tips
If you are interested in applying, please send an email to [email protected] indicating you found the job posting on Vangst.
Job Duties to include some or all of the tasks listed below:
- Ensuring proper execution of all state compliance laws, Smokey’s policies and SOPs on all shifts, leading by example.
- Able to handle customer issues accordingly; communicating them to supervisors in the proper method.
- Training budtenders.
- Properly filling out and executing a daily agenda and break schedule.
- Interacting in bi-weekly sales meetings; taking part in the education of budtenders.
- Assign daily duties and ensure completion on all shifts.
- Oversee all opening/closing procedures are performed timely, responsible for securing the store at night compliantly. (Setting alarm, locking doors, no product left out)
- Covering the reception job duties when no receptionist is on shift; assisting customers as well.
- Write daily shift reports, including drawer counts, summary of shift, etc.
- Assist the Store Manager in extra duties and AORs
- Full time availability, weekends required.
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- The ability to remain in a seated position, standing, as well as the ability to go back and forth from seated to a standing position for periods of 8-10 hours during their shift
- Bending and stretching
- Retail will need to use items involving latex.
No description provided.
- Attend Responsible Vendor class every 2 years, completing the test with 70% or better bi-yearly.
- Complete the Smokey's Compliance Competency Quiz with a 100%.
- Attend Smokey’s approved Fraudulent ID Training
- Complete the Budtender and Receptionist training, including Reception Competency Quiz with a 100%.at the initial training and then yearly.
- Complete the Smokey’s Shift Lead training and Competency Quiz with a score of 80% or better.
- Valid Marijuana Enforcement Division issued Employee License; must be maintained
- Troubleshooting – Ability to determine causes of operating errors/efficiency barriers
- Basic reading and math comprehension
- Ability to follow written & verbal instructions
- Basic computer knowledge with Google Drive, Gmail, Sheets, and Docs; Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Problem solving
- Customer Service
- Positive attitude
- Self Starter
About Smokey's Cannabis Co.
Smokey's aims to be a leader in the cannabis space, championing our community, our environment, and our people in all things that we do.
We envision a world where the cannabis industry plays a major role in advancing science, environmentalism, responsible social adult use, and alternative healthcare options for all.
We value diversity in beliefs and lifestyles. We believe in a welcoming environment for all regardless of path or journey. We believe in making the world a better place for all.
Let’s get you hired! To apply to this job, create a free Vangst account below. Once you’re in, you can complete and submit your application right from this page.