At Holistic Industries we are building a great place to work, shop and invest in cannabis. Our mission is to provide patients with the highest quality, safest cannabis medicine possible. As our name suggests, we care for the whole person. Scaling from a seed of inspiration in 2011, Holistic Industries is now one of the largest and fastest growing private MSOs (Multi-State Operators) in the country. We're able to deliver consistent value to employees, patients, and investors because of the values that drive our work - how we do business and why. We have one of the most seasoned teams in the industry, a budding "Greenhouse of Brands" and a meaningful model of doing well by doing good. Our company develops and offers a wide range of proprietary strains that increase desired cannabinoids such as CBD. These high CBD strains have become our foundation for growing, packaging, and selling the best cannabis in our markets. We are committed to harvesting and crafting industry-leading strains, consumer brands, and medical-grade products based on the most progressive science in the space. Holistic Industries has a unique model and approach that enables it to win licenses, scale operations and introduce national brands successfully in highly regulated markets. The company has proven to be responsible stewards of capital since its inception by sourcing licenses on merit rather than simply acquiring them on the open market. A "GREENHOUSE OF BRANDS" beginning with our flagship retail and wholesale brand, Liberty Cannabis, we continue to prove our ability to launch new brands from scratch and attract noteworthy partners.
We are deeply and actively committed to the communities we serve; our efforts under Liberty Cannabis Cares are focused on four pillars: Social Equity, Diversity, Community, and Cannabis Literacy.
Our team includes the nation's most knowledgeable experts in cultivation and medical dispensing, along with professionals who are top of their fields in medical professions, security, agriculture, real estate, and the legal distribution of other highly controlled substances. We are a team of best-in-class executives and staff from within and outside the industry who share a passion for advancing cannabis products and retail experience at scale.
Our well-established company is growing rapidly and adding to our team of professionals and specialists. Our employees receive PTO, paid Sick Leave, medical, dental, vision and other leave benefits as part of our highly competitive compensation package. Join us as we build a great place to work, shop, and invest.
Holistic Industries is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About the Program:
When you apply, include a cover letter describing your experience, your résumé and two references (name, organization/company, email, phone of individuals not related to you who is an academic advisor, program counselor, previous supervisor or manager, volunteer coordinator, or someone who holds a leadership or advisory role in a faith-based or community organization). Résumés without this information will not be considered. (Inform your references that they may receive a reference check call or email during February or March 2022) All applicants will receive an acknowledgement of receipt.
- Actively pursuing a degree preference given if from an HBCU or HACC
- The program is for a three-month period (June 21- August 12, 2022[flexible ending date]); candidates must be available for the full duration of the program.
- Paid Internship
- Candidates will work a full-time schedule (40 hours per week)
- Work will be performed remotely, based on the business area where the student is working. A company-owned laptop will be provided for the duration of the internship program.
About the Job:
The job of a finance intern is to support the organization while learning about a career in finance. As a finance intern, you will contribute to the mission of Holistic Industries by completing a variety of responsibilities and skill-based projects. This includes assisting and supporting the Finance Team with financial analysis and processes. Through this, you will help accomplish critical tasks and implement process improvements. Finance interns gain practical experience in the constantly-growing field of finance and unique opportunities in the relatively new cannabis industry and the rigor associated with a highly-regulated industry.
Regular duties and responsibilities for finance interns include generating and analyzing reports, taking notes during meetings, preparing statements, entering data, and assisting with audits. A finance intern might also complete administrative work while observing different aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
- Assist with financial modeling
- Provide general accounting support
- Help with accounts receivable management
- Provide support for annual budgeting process
- Assist with statistical analysis and other special projects
- Present data-driven recommendations to the finance team
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial analysis packets for management
- Physical Requirements of the Job: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, lifting, walking, standing, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions. May include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching. Ability to tolerate moderate to loud exposure to noise level. Exposure to long periods of bright lights. Long periods of prolonged use of office equipment including computers and phones.
- Regulations require that incumbent be at least 21 years of age and able to obtain and maintain state marijuana work credentials.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Enrolled in a Finance, Economics, or related major at the Bachelor's or Associate Degree level
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with a desire to learn
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills
- Flexible in work hours and work locations
- Able to work remotely
- Skillful in handling multiple, changing priorities
- Proficient in strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Passionate about excellence, and must display an exemplary work ethic
- Able to apply outstanding time management skills
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with our experienced team of finance professionals
- Hands-on application of finance principles in a fast-paced work environment
- Opportunity to attend weekly meetings and occasional networking events
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote