SummaryLICENSING & COMPLIANCE MANAGER:
Want to make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives while earning a competitive salary? At Jushi Holdings Inc. ") ( CSE: JUSH ) ( OTCQX: JUSHF ), we are shaping the future of the cannabis industry, the fastest growing jobs sector in the U.S. The Licensing & Compliance Manager gathers and maintains documents and information from state and local authorities and per any local agreement or application; manages maintenance of specific business documents and deadlines, responsible for licensing applications as well as other ancillary documents necessary for completion of applications and or renewals; and in general, provides responsible for problem solving complex license related issues. The Licensing Compliance Manager will be highly detail oriented and organized.
Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, Jushi is a vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis company that develops and operates high-end retail locations, premium brands, state-of-the-art cultivation, processing, manufacturing facilities, along with a cutting-edge online platform that is setting a new standard for a sophisticated, data-driven, modern cannabis experience.
Since its founding in 2018, Jushi has grown from just a handful of people with an idea to more than 1500 employees strong. The Company has scaled its operations in seven states, including Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, Illinois, California, Nevada, and Ohio, and has been named one of the top five cannabis companies to work for by Cannabis Business Times .
The Company operates more than two dozen retail locations across the country under the retail brand, BEYOND / HELLO™ as well as under the recently acquired brand, Nature's Remedy. The Company provides an unparalleled in-store experience, coupled with online reservations and in-store express pickup.
Each day, Jushi team members continue to grow, cultivate, process and manufacture a comprehensive suite of cannabis brands under the names: The Bank , The Lab , Tasteology , Nira + Medicinals and Seche , which are addressing a wide variety of consumer and patient needs across multiple states.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Responsible for licensing of all Jushi/Beyond Hello operations (medical/retail stores, Grower/Processor Facilities). Includes, renewals, applications, change of locations, modification of premises etc., but this list is not inclusive of all submissions needed.
- Track the licenses and permits that are ancillary to the functioning of Jushi regulated cannabis business, business licenses, alarm user permits, Energy reporting, Bonds, sign permits, and local permits.
- Research and report on new state and local regulations around licensing applications and renewals, including new submission requirements for all required document submissions.
- Responsible for Document Control Process for licensure
- Responsible for maintain/creating licensing SOPs.
- Review applicable licensing documentation, etc. from governing licensing authority at both State and local level.
- Oversee the company in operating within local state and federal regulations
- Possess knowledge and research of Government regulations
- Licensing Operations experience
- Communicate with State and local authorities regarding status of licenses. Problem solves with team on concerns from state and local agencies.
- Manage spreadsheets/software used for tracking different deadlines
- Regular attendance is expected and is considered an essential function necessary for the efficient operation of the business
- Responsible for other duties as assigned
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration or a related field
- At least 5 years' experience in project/operations management, business administration, public administration, performance improvement, or related field
- Experience with licensing processes
- Experience managing a team
- A Notary will be required within 60 days of being hired
- Ability to follow directions and work independently with minimal supervision
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a regulated industry
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Research Skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate with law enforcement and government officials
- Knowledge of different State cannabis licensing aspects
- Highly organized and capable of meeting non-negotiable deadlines
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES AT JUSHI:
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-, and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
BONUS DUTIES YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
401(k) with Company Match
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability