Xabis is seeking a self-motivated and systematic team member within a production facility in the medical marijuana industry. The individual needs to excel within an independent framework and communicate effectively with management and operational team members. The talented team member will be responsible for inventory tracking, production of finished phytopharmaceutical products, filling operations, packaging and labeling according to strict regulatory guidelines specific to the Texas Codes. The ideal candidate will have strong problem-solving skills, excel under stress, and strive for efficient and timely reporting.
- Produces product formulations, batches based on different weight increments and final packaged products to consistent standards and quality, dictated by work orders.
- Keep a precise count of all packaged product and weight(s) of product used for an accurate end of day reconciliation of packaged inventory and remaining inventory
- Communicating inventory purchase requests when applicable.
- Packages and labels products according to strict regulatory requirements.
- Electronically convert packaged products in the state traceability system
- Ensures that all activities are performed safely and in strict accordance with company guidelines; maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Maintains legible and complete records of all production batches.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service when needed.
- Exhibit competency in basic organizational skills, communication skills, mathematical skills and windows based operating software
- Collects all hazardous/non-hazardous waste generated by production processes and transfers to appropriate collection areas.
- Maintains clean and tidy manufacturing equipment and facility.
- Must pass an extensive background security check and must be able to obtain a Texas Operations Badge – prior to or at the time of hire.
Job Type: Full-time COVID-19 considerations: Operating facility follow strict COVID guidelines requiring personal protection to be worn within operations at all times.
- 1+ years experience in manufacturing operation;
- Knowledge of physical sciences;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Responsive problem solver and action oriented;
- Strong team mentality;
- Strong mathematical skills;
- Proficient using PCs and common applications;
- Employee must be able to follow basic instructions as well as be able to take constructive criticism from their managers so they can help maintain quality standards and production goals
- Experience in medical Cannabis or other botanical processing operation;
- Experience in Product Development;
- Experience creating Syringes, Tinctures, and Lozenges products;
- Experience with ISO17025, CLIA or similar certification process;
- Understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws
- High School Education or GED required
- B.A or B.S. in a physical or life science related field;
XABIS brings scientific discipline, sound business principles, and professionalism to the cannabis industry. We deliver turnkey processing operations for the commercial scale transformation of cannabis from plant to product.
WE DO NOT GROW. WE DO NOT RETAIL. WE ONLY PROCESS. Xabis has implementations and Operations in 9 US states and internationally in Canada and China. XABIS operates and manages the most technically difficult processes in the cannabis life cycle – All aspects related to the extraction and manufacturing of marijuana infused products.
Let’s get you hired! To apply to this job, create a free Vangst account below. Once you’re in, you can complete and submit your application right from this page.