The Michigan Sales Representative is responsible for selling Viola premium cannabis products by identifying leads, educating prospects on products through calls, trainings, and presentations, and providing existing customers with exceptional support.
_*Reports To: Market GM / Head of Outside Sales
_*Compensation: Competitive Base Salary plus Commissions as determined by designated sales tiers
_*Standard Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (occasional weekend and/or extended hours as needed)
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve customers by selling products and meeting customer needs.
- Service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedules to call on existing or potential sales outlets.
- Achieve weekly and monthly sales goals.
- Meets regularly with the Sales Manager to set goals and track customer sales.
- Maintain positive customer relationships.
- Educate customers and their teams for best possible end-consumer experience.
- Assist with distribution of customer orders.
- Provide up-to-date product menus for customers to select from.
- Communicate with Distribution regarding customer orders and expectations.
- Maintain working knowledge of all product SKU’s, pricing, and availability.
- Stay current on market trends and changes in supply/demand.
- Promote social media presence and brand awareness.
- Utilize Salesforce and LeafLink for CRM and order processing.
- Grow account presence by opening new doors.
- Grow shelf space allocation in Key Accounts.
- Must be able to drive to various locations around the greater Detroit-Metro region.
- Must be able to attend / conduct virtual meetings in a professional setting.
- Must pass a Background Check as required by the State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
- Remote and in the field / on the road.
- Licensed cannabis retailers / provisioning centers.
- Experience working in a Sales environment.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Well-versed in CRM processes and functionality.
- Ability to travel to customer accounts within the state of Michigan.
- Attentive to details with a high standard for customer service.
- Expert knowledge of cannabis products and consumer behavior.
- Highly motivated self-starter with exceptional teamwork skills and strong work ethic.
- Experience as a Budtender and/or Cannabis Sales Representative
- 2+ years of experience working in the cannabis industry.
- 2+ years of outside sales experience.
4-year degree preferred but not required.
Viola was founded by Al Harrington, a former NBA player who was a first-round pick in the 1998 NBA draft. Al went on to play for 16 seasons and became personally aware of the medicinal benefits of cannabis after suffering complications from a botched knee surgery towards the end of his NBA career. But the original inspiration for starting a company came from Al’s beloved grandmother who suffers from glaucoma and diabetes. With some convincing from Al, she reluctantly agreed to try cannabis for her pain and found immediate relief. Her name is Viola. The rest, as they say, is history.
Viola has since grown to become a respected, top-selling national brand in the Cannabis industry. We offer consistently high-quality products that are developed with our award-winning extraction techniques and cultivated in our facilities across the country.