Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, Jushi is a vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis company that develops and operates high-end retail locations, premium brands, state-of-the-art cultivation, processing, manufacturing facilities, along with a cutting-edge online platform that is setting a new standard for a sophisticated, data-driven, modern cannabis experience.
Since its founding in 2018, Jushi has grown from just a handful of people with an idea to more than 900 employees strong. The Company has scaled its operations in seven states, including Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, Illinois, California, Nevada, and Ohio, and has been named one of the top five cannabis companies to work for by Cannabis Business Times .
The Company operates more than two dozen retail locations across the country under the retail brand, BEYOND / HELLO™ as well as under the recently acquired brand, Nature's Remedy. The Company provides an unparalleled in-store experience, coupled with online reservations and in-store express pickup.
Each day, Jushi team members continue to grow, cultivate, process and manufacture a comprehensive suite of cannabis brands under the names: The Bank , The Lab , Tasteology , Nira + Medicinals and Seche , which are addressing a wide variety of consumer and patient needs across multiple states.
Want to make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives while earning a competitive salary? At Jushi , we are shaping the future of the cannabis industry, the fastest growing jobs sector in the U.S. The Cultivation Technician is responsible for care and maintenance of the company's plants. Tends to the plants including watering, potting, training, and movement of plant material and green waste.
- Applies irrigation and fertilizers in accordance with company policy and application schedule.
- Performs regular quality assessments in all growth areas for signs of disease and/or infestation, and records data in master record.
- Adheres to a rigorous schedule ensuring actions are done accurately and in a timely manner.
- Labels plants and ensures that an accurate inventory, is maintained at all times.
- Records all activities in state mandated computer system.
- Assists in harvesting plant material on schedule including drying and de-stemming.
- Perform stripping and grinding of cannabis materials.
- Maintains the cleanliness of all assigned areas.
- Reports any event or condition that might affect plant growth and development to the director of cultivation.
- Responsible for light to medium maintenance of growing systems including pipes, pumps, lights, and HVAC.
- Responsible for application of nutrients as well as recording of application as determined by the Cultivation Manager.
- Able to work independently as well as operating as part of a team.
- Adhere to strict sanitation practices throughout the facility
- All there tasks, as determined by the Cultivation Manager, to ensure smooth operation of facility.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or General Education Development (GED) required
- One year of experience in horticulture or related field required
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in any Horticulture preferred
- At least of 2 years relevant experience working in an order entry/picking/labeling/packaging/customer service position.
- Excellent computer, mathematical, language and reasoning skills
- General computer ability
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequently sitting
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including periodic weekends
- Occasionally Twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl
- Ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication may be required. Sitting or standing for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- Some heavy lifting may be required. Exertion of up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally may be required.
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment.
- Must be comfortable operating and troubleshooting label printing equipment.
The job is performed indoors and outdoors. Must be able to work in hot, humid environments for extended periods of time with exposure to dust, allergens, and water. Appropriate PPE will be provided. Activities include extended periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, stooping and bending. Twisting in tight areas may also be required at times.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
401(k) with Company Match
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability