K8 Pharma is seeking a VP of Finance. The VP Finance will have oversight of several highly complex areas, including financial and cost accounting, treasury management, implementation of financial systems, financial planning & analysis,/budget management, , and financial reporting. This position will help lead the development of financial management strategies while advising leadership across a wide variety of financial matters. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is experienced and entrepreneurial and exceptionally organized and possesses great attention to detail.
- Perform a variety of advanced financial analyses to drive business strategy
- Manage and perform general ledger and other financial reporting and accounting functions
- Develop and implement accounting and financial systems with appropriate controls
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall business plan and strategic direction
- Review the performance of competitors and report on key issues to management
- Manage the preparation and analysis of financial reports, strategic forecasts, cost trends, investor reporting, etc. for the California Region
- Analyze the company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance with budgets and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Report to management on variances from the established budget and the key drivers for those variances
- Evaluate large vendor contracts and investment opportunities with appropriate internal leadership teams. Additionally, provide financial analyses and assist with negotiations
- Review product costing models to determine pricing methodologies
- Develop recommendations for improvement and cost savings activities
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting, including financial statements, KPIs, and metric dashboards for management and Board use.
No description provided.
No description provided.
- 7-10 years of experience in a senior FP&A finance role, including 5-7 years leading a team.
- Prior experience with California’s commercial cannabis regulatory framework
- Experience exceeding goals in both large, established organizations, as well as start-up environments
- Project and product budgeting, cost controls, and ROI experience preferred
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Proven knowledge of federal and state financial, accounting, and tax laws and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and consistent follow through on assigned tasks
- Strong leadership presence and ability to influence decisions and work together across all levels of leadership, including executive leadership, investors and board members.
- Ability to efficiently handle ambiguity and change; able to act as a change agent
Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, Master’s degree and CPA strongly preferred
About K8 Pharma Group
K8 Pharma is proud to announce the completion of its new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility--one that will enable the company to become the nation's premier producer of THC products. Designed to meet and exceed cGMP standards, the facility boasts a number of sophisticated features including precision-made C1D1 extraction rooms for ultra-pure air filtration. Manufacturing focuses will include fresh frozen extraction, D9 water clear distillate, biomass remediation services and ice water extraction. In addition to the company's hydrocarbon and ethanol extraction services, K8 Pharma will be able to offer remediation services for materials that do not pass California’s state testing compliance standards. K8 Pharma would like to welcome you for a tour of the new facility and to introduce you to the team. We look forward to meeting and working together.
Let’s get you hired! To apply to this job, create a free Vangst account below. Once you’re in, you can complete and submit your application right from this page.