Company & Role Overview
Our Client is looking to hire a Cultivation Technician that will report to department supervisors and be responsible for the care of cannabis plants during the immature, vegetative, and flowering stages.
In this role, you will execute operations pertaining to plant care such as cloning, pruning, transplanting, up-potting, watering, feeding, ensuring environmental control, and inspecting plants for signs of deficiency or infestation, as well as labeling and tracking plants using METRC tags.
- Similar to a busy manufacturing facility or warehouse
- Occasional exposure to loud trim machines (ear protection provided) and extremely bright lights (eye protection provided)
- Occasional weekends or extended hours may be necessary during certain phases of plant production
- Constant interaction with colleagues
About Vangst - Recruiting
LOOKING FOR A JOB IN CANNABIS? START HERE.
Whether you're starting or advancing in the cannabis industry, our Vangst recruiters can help. Connect with us to explore available roles at leading cannabis companies. If you don't find a suitable role, connect with our recruiters to receive updates on new positions.
Don’t see a role that fits your background? Connect with our recruiters to learn more!
- Implement cultivation practices as indicated by supervisors and managers
- Maintain the health of immature, vegetative, and flowering plants through observation and adherence to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ensure accuracy of plant inventory, including strain names, plant tag numbers, and counts of plants
- Perform plant maintenance, feedings, irrigation events, and Integrated Pest Management (IPM) according to a set schedule and SOP, as determined by the Head of Cultivation
- Ensure the grow facility is kept free of pests, viruses, or other diseases by preventing contamination through proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and biological controls established within the cultivation SOPs
- Regularly sanitize tools, equipment, pots, and production areas used in the grow facility to ensure sanitary practices.- Abide by high personal hygiene standards.
- Apply pesticides in a safe and effective manner, wearing appropriate PPE, and after ample training and instruction from the Head of Cultivation
- Check and record accurate data daily, including but not limited to pesticide applications, issues found when scouting plants, and any other items required by management
- Observe and immediately address issues with plants, equipment, or environments
- Break down and set up plant production areas after harvest, including sweeping all work areas, sanitizing crop benches, washing down rooms, and preparing to transplant new crops
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness with regard to plant health and traceability, in order to uphold the company’s standard for quality
- Work in a timely manner and strive to increase productivity through coordinated workflow and efficient systems
- Maintain organization and sanitary conditions within the grow facility
- Assist with post-harvest duties as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- Long periods of prolonged standing and sitting
- Requires normal range of hearing and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer
- Ability to observe and assess material that deviates from established company standards
- Some crouching or holding uncomfortable positions for extended periods of time; repetitive motions
- Requires bending and lifting up to 70 pounds
- Production/manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Greenhouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cannabis cultivation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately
- Must comply with state regulations and guidelines
- Must have a Cultivation Agent Card
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- 1-3 years of experience in horticulture, agriculture, and/or marijuana cultivation preferred.
- Energetic team player, willing to take direction and learn new skills
- Basic strain and plant structure knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of the uses and benefits of cannabinoids is preferred
- Two years of Caregiver experience is preferred
- A combination of the above shall also be considered
High school diploma or equivalent required