Company & Role Overview
About the Job:
The Kitchen Associate will weigh, label, and package edibles and concentrates produced at the facility. The Kitchen Associate will also ensure quality control by strictly following company SOPs. The Kitchen Associate is responsible for cleaning and facility upkeep while adhering to all company policy and industry regulations.
- Perform production work by following company SOPs
- Measure ingredients and products accurately so that optimal levels of production are met
- Weigh and store finished products ensuring that all pertinent information is recorded in logs
- Weigh, label, package, and log product for accurate inventory control
- Load and unload designated equipment
- Properly use and maintain designated equipment
- Process finished product to desired standards
- Keep work area clean and organized at all times
- Transport packaged product to designated storage area
- Clean and wash all dishes and equipment after use
- Responsible for kitchen sanitation and cleanliness
- Maintain current knowledge of and adhere to all applicable state and local policies and regulations
- Foster a workplace that upholds Holistic Industries' aim to be the Best Place to Work, Shop and Invest in Cannabis
- Other duties as assigned, or any reasonable request from any member of management
- Physical Requirements of the Job: VERY LABOR INTENSIVE. Must be able to lift, carry, and balance up to 75 pounds (125 pounds with assistance), may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching. Moderate to loud exposure to noise.
- Due to state regulations, qualified candidates for this position must be at least 21 years of age and able to pass a background check - certain criminal convictions may disqualify candidates based on state medical marijuana licensing regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred
- Previous marijuana industry experience preferred with priority given to candidates with experience in licensed facilities
- Experience in food manufacturing operations strongly preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of and adherence to FDA regulations
- Understanding of adherence to OSHA guidelines for workplace safety and hazardous chemicals
- Ability to work a varying schedule including nights, weekends, and overtime as necessary
- Ability to use standard office equipment
- Basic computer skills
- Detail oriented and ability to communicate effectively
- ServSafe Certification
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires, and remain calm under pressure
- Strong work ethic and sound judgment
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.
About Holistic Industries
At Holistic Industries we are building a great place to work, shop and invest in cannabis. Our mission is to provide patients with the highest quality, safest cannabis medicine possible. As our name suggests, we care for the whole person. Our company develops and offers a wide range of proprietary strains that increase desired cannabinoids such as CBD. These high CBD strains have become our foundation for growing, packaging, and selling the best cannabis in our markets. Our team includes the nation's most knowledgeable experts in cultivation and medical dispensing, along with professionals who are top of their fields in medical professions, security, agriculture, real estate, and the legal distribution of other highly controlled substances.