Company & Role Overview
Our client is looking for an experienced and self-motivated Accounts Payable Finance Specialist to join their team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in accounts payable, be a quick learner, and be able to work independently.
This role involves high-volume payables, vendor communication, problem-solving, and maintaining accurate financial records. If you are detail-oriented and have the requisite experience, we encourage you to apply.
This position is a hybrid role, so applicants must be within commuting distance of the office in Ann Arbor, MI.
About Vangst - Recruiting
LOOKING FOR A JOB IN CANNABIS? START HERE.
Whether you're starting or advancing in the cannabis industry, our Vangst recruiters can help. Connect with us to explore available roles at leading cannabis companies. If you don't find a suitable role, connect with our recruiters to receive updates on new positions.
Don’t see a role that fits your background? Connect with our recruiters to learn more!
- Assist in entering high volume payables and maintain an accurate accounts payable ledger.
- Take the lead in researching and resolving complex vendor issues.
- Communicate with vendors to reconcile vendor statements and ensure accounts are in balance.
- Track credits and ensure they’re applied properly to vendor payments/accounts or returned.
- Submit ACH and wires as needed to meet deadlines and maintain vendor relationships.
- Run and review aging reports to confirm accurate payments, and identify discrepancies or unapplied transactions.
- Post or apply transactions to clear up vendor accounts.
- Perform other accounts payable-related duties and tasks as needed.
- 5+ years of experience in Accounts Payable.
- Experience with 3-way matching.
- Proficiency in Quickbooks.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly in Microsoft Office products (Excel).
- Experience in the cannabis industry is a plus but not mandatory.
- Familiarity with Quickbooks and Procurify is a bonus.
- Self-starter, motivated to work independently and productively without supervision.
- Reserved and quiet demeanor.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Detail-oriented and committed to maintaining accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.