At Holistic Industries we are building a great place to work, shop and invest in cannabis. Our mission is to provide patients with the highest quality, safest cannabis medicine possible. As our name suggests, we care for the whole person. Scaling from a seed of inspiration in 2011, Holistic Industries is now one of the largest and fastest growing private MSOs (Multi-State Operators) in the country. We're able to deliver consistent value to employees, patients, and investors because of the values that drive our work - how we do business and why. We have one of the most seasoned teams in the industry, a budding "Greenhouse of Brands" and a meaningful model of doing well by doing good. Our company develops and offers a wide range of proprietary strains that increase desired cannabinoids such as CBD. These high CBD strains have become our foundation for growing, packaging, and selling the best cannabis in our markets. We are committed to harvesting and crafting industry-leading strains, consumer brands, and medical-grade products based on the most progressive science in the space. Holistic Industries has a unique model and approach that enables it to win licenses, scale operations and introduce national brands successfully in highly regulated markets. The company has proven to be responsible stewards of capital since its inception by sourcing licenses on merit rather than simply acquiring them on the open market. A "GREENHOUSE OF BRANDS" beginning with our flagship retail and wholesale brand, Liberty Cannabis, we continue to prove our ability to launch new brands from scratch and attract noteworthy partners.
We are deeply and actively committed to the communities we serve; our efforts under Liberty Cannabis Cares are focused on four pillars: Social Equity, Diversity, Community, and Cannabis Literacy.
Our team includes the nation's most knowledgeable experts in cultivation and medical dispensing, along with professionals who are top of their fields in medical professions, security, agriculture, real estate, and the legal distribution of other highly controlled substances. We are a team of best-in-class executives and staff from within and outside the industry who share a passion for advancing cannabis products and retail experience at scale.
Our well-established company is growing rapidly and adding to our team of professionals and specialists. Our employees receive PTO, paid Sick Leave, medical, dental, vision and other leave benefits as part of our highly competitive compensation package. Join us as we build a great place to work, shop, and invest.
Holistic Industries is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About the Job:
The Packaging Associate will be responsible for safely and effectively preparing, filling, packaging and labeling our food safe medical cannabis oils, edibles, and liquids for ingestion, inhalation, solid dose and topical applications. This position will also be responsible for maintaining production and packaging equipment.
- Coordinate and manage daily lab tasks with Packaging Supervisor
- Properly set up and operate filling, edible and solid dose manufacturing, packaging, and labeling equipment
- Follow manufacturer's instructions and Company SOPs to sanitize production area and equipment
- Maintain accurate documentation of all related data in tracking software
- Prepare plant material for extraction (packing material socks) and accurately documenting related data
- Efficiently fill, package, and label products in compliance with Holistic SOPs and all applicable manufacturing procedures
- Set up, break down, and sanitize packaging area as needed and in compliance with Company SOPs
- Assist with general laboratory tasks including, but not limited to, winterization, filtering, ethanol extraction and rotary evaporation
- Perform in-process and post-process sample acquisitions according to protocols or batch records
- Support new product lines and process development as needed
- Clean and sanitize packaging and laboratory areas and equipment
- Assist in monitoring and managing all related processing equipment supplies and inventory
- As needed, work in other areas of the facility including manufacturing, harvesting, and/or drying and weighing
- Ensure compliance and accuracy involving all product tracking, product security, and product movement procedures
- Participate in training future new team members as necessary
- Any other reasonable request from any member of management
- Physical Requirements of the Job: VERY LABOR INTENSIVE. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 75 pounds (125 pounds with assistance), may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching. Moderate to loud exposure to noise level.
- Due to state regulations, qualified candidates for this position must be at least 21 years of age and able to pass a background check - certain criminal convictions may disqualify candidates based on state medical marijuana licensing regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Prior packaging and labeling experience is preferred
- Previous marijuana industry experience is preferred; experience in licensed facilities is strongly preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic math skills
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for extended periods of time, e.g., operating filling and/or packing equipment
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications and email.
- Must maintain current knowledge of and adhere to all policy and regulations of the Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED) and Department of Public Health and Environment (DPHE)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Effective communication skills
- Demonstrate responsibility, accountability, and dependability toward assigned tasks and duties
- Strong work ethic and sound judgment
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote