We’re looking for a true team player who’s blazing with passion for the cannabis industry to serve as Assistant Head Grower for our operations. In this role, you’ll help provide big-picture direction and leadership to our grow team, and you’ll play a key role in ensuring our facilities are up to snuff when it comes to safety measures and GTI’s operating standards. This role is for someone who loves to keep open channels of communication and triple-check every detail of daily operations as much as they love plant life!
- Partner with Head Grower to execute against assigned grow operations and projects
- Responsible for directing work with the Grow Team and ensuring team works at and above GTI Grow - - - - Team expectations
- Manage, supervise and direct the activities of assigned staff; make recommendations regarding hiring, discipline, termination or advancement of employees. Assign work and monitor progress; guide, train and develop employees in the accomplishment of their duties and goals through professional growth
- Direct and assist management of grow schedules, personnel and quality assurance practices
- Assure compliance with local, state, and federal licensing requirements
- Accurate data entry in inventory tracking systems
- Will be required to be on-call and to respond to emergency situations at any time. This may include scheduling issues, potentially covering a vacant shift, facility issues and/ or human resources requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions
- Physical demands – May be required to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (200 pounds with assistance)
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry
No description provided.
- 2+ years of commercial cultivation experience
- Proven experience in overseeing aspects of professional production environments including equipment handling, production operations, processing and execution
- Knowledgeable of growing methods including micronutrients, beneficial bacteria, and nutrient implementation
- Knowledge of plant diseases, insects, and fungi, as well as plant treatment options
- Strong knowledge of plant varieties with high yield and /or disease and insect resistant characteristics
- Cannabis growing experience preferred, not required
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state and the D.O.A.; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws is appreciated and commendable
- Associates Degree in Horticulture, Agriculture, related science degree or 5+ years in production agriculture environment
About Green Thumb Industries
Our Mission: To promote well-being through the power of cannabis.
We’re humble—We prefer quiet confidence and don’t shout about our success.
We’re hardworking—We put our heads down and get the job done.
We’re grateful—Working in our industry is a privilege and an act of service.
We’re transparent—Honest and open communication keeps us healthy as an organization.
We’re collaborative—And believe good ideas can come from anywhere.
We have a growth mindset—One that’s grounded in well-being.
Let’s get you hired! To apply to this job, create a free Vangst account below. Once you’re in, you can complete and submit your application right from this page.