Company & Role Overview
About the Job:
The Postharvest Associate will be responsible for preparing and processing harvests for flower sales and oil extraction. The Postharvest Associate will also be responsible for equipment sanitization and sterilization as well as maintaining facilities cleanliness.
- Accurately weigh and record post-harvest materials
- Adhere to the departmental, site and corporate safety policies.
- Assembles secondary packaging
- Follow Standard Operating procedures for debucking, trimming, grinding, drying and curing cannabis harvests in preparation for oil extraction and/or flower sales
- Maintain a neat and organized work area allowing for the proper segregation of materials and processes
- Precise hand trimming will be required for flower sales
- Responsible for facility and equipment cleaning in a clean room manufacturing environment to maintain required standards.
- Responsible for organizing work areas and performing daily tasks such as washing and sanitizing equipment and racking systems.
- Responsible for weighing, filling, and packaging work related to flower products using aseptic technic so that no contamination is introduced into the process or material
- Sanitization and sterilization of post-harvest processing equipment such as stainless steel racks and shelve
- Strict adherence to procedures and practices according to internal SOP and state regulation.
- Strong emphasis on documentation according to state regulations.
- Physical Requirements: VERY LABOR INTENSIVE. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 75 pounds (125 pounds with assistance), may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching. Moderate to loud exposure to noise level.
- Due to state regulations, qualified candidates for this position must be able to pass a background check - certain criminal convictions may disqualify candidates based on state marijuana licensing regulations.
- Holistic Industries hires at least 18 years of age and up.
- High School Diploma
- Cannabis experience preferred
- 2+ years skilled manufacturing work experience
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with weights and measures
- Ability to accurately fill out documentation
- Must be able to clearly communicate with team members
- Possess basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication
- Ability to gown and work in an aseptic/clean room environment.
- Safety equipment may be required
- Ability to understand and follow processes to produce products that meet quality standards
- Effective verbal and written communication skill
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize competing demands
- Ability to comply with established safety standards for the proper use, safe handling and disposal of harmful chemicals, substances, and hazardous wastes.
- Must be able to work in a challenging fast-paced environment while maintaining strong attention to details
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.
About Holistic Industries
At Holistic Industries we are building a great place to work, shop and invest in cannabis. Our mission is to provide patients with the highest quality, safest cannabis medicine possible. As our name suggests, we care for the whole person. Our company develops and offers a wide range of proprietary strains that increase desired cannabinoids such as CBD. These high CBD strains have become our foundation for growing, packaging, and selling the best cannabis in our markets. Our team includes the nation's most knowledgeable experts in cultivation and medical dispensing, along with professionals who are top of their fields in medical professions, security, agriculture, real estate, and the legal distribution of other highly controlled substances.