SummaryEveryone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that's what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person's individuality, because there's power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That's why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL...
Parallel is looking for a detail-oriented Laboratory Technician II for our manufacturing team. The Laboratory Technician II will fear no barrier in the pursuit of ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations, enforcing quality standards, reporting production issues, being a strong teammate, and effectively producing products for the manufacturing team.
This role is with Surterra Wellness , one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (a Joint Venture with Cookies) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision ... pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com .
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Responsible for daily duties related to the manufacturing process of cannabis-based products
- Enforces and complies with safety procedures and consults with department management about safety issues that may arise
- Cannabis extracting & refinement
- Operating heavy duty extraction and refinement equipment
- Troubleshooting of machines and processes; escalate to management and maintenance teams when necessary
- Receiving and sending inventory between departments
- Fill out and review daily laboratory paperwork while correcting/reporting errors in a timely manner
- Responsible for physical cannabis products and data inventory counts
- Disposal of cannabis waste in accordance with legal regulations
- Train and monitor new and current lab staff as needed for cross training.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU'LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure and documentation
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees and various levels of management. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Ability to multitask and be aware of multiple active processes
- Ability to work as part of a team with cohesive aspects
- 3 to 5 years' experience working in manufacturing and/or the cannabis industry
- Minimum A.A., B.A./B.S
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Constantly operates a computer and manufacturing equipment
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time (bending, lifting, pouring, typing)
- Must be able to lift to 50lbs
- Hand and eye coordination
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU...
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn't fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the "traditional" solution isn't the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision - why we exist - is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission - how we will do this - is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values - Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
401(k) with Company Match
Charitable Gift Matching
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote