Company & Role Overview
- The Accounting Manager will oversee the accounting for the Maryland market.
- Analyze, review, and interpret accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department
- Develop systems for the maintenance of financial records, making use of current technologies
- Create forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel
- Ready and maintain financial and business transactions, applying generally accepted accounting principles
- Complete state licensing audit requirements
- Assist with annual financial audits
- Complete bank compliance reporting
- Consider the need for new or changed controls
- Project accounting data to show the effects of proposed plans on capital investments, income, cash position, and overall financial condition
- Advise operating officials on accounting matters
- Perform various clerical accounting tasks as needed
- Process accounts payable and assist with payroll recording
- Post and record transactions and reconcile accounts
- Foster a workplace that upholds Holistic Industries' aim to be the Best Place to Work, Shop, and Invest in Cannabis
- Other duties as assigned, or any reasonable request from any member of management.
- This is a Hybrid role with 3 days onsite in Westboro and 2 days remote.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to grasp objects; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch; speak or listen. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Due to state regulations, qualified candidates for this position must be able to pass a background check - certain criminal convictions may disqualify candidates based on state marijuana licensing regulations.
- 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred, equivalent work experience and education will be considered
- 2 years of Accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Experience with QuickBooks Desktop and Sage Inntacct Accounting System is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Accounts Payable
- Must possess a high level of analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in data entry
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and accurate.
- Professional demeanor, strong work ethic, discrete, resources, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to initiate and follow through on work independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.
About Holistic Industries
At Holistic Industries we are building a great place to work, shop and invest in cannabis. Our mission is to provide patients with the highest quality, safest cannabis medicine possible. As our name suggests, we care for the whole person. Our company develops and offers a wide range of proprietary strains that increase desired cannabinoids such as CBD. These high CBD strains have become our foundation for growing, packaging, and selling the best cannabis in our markets. Our team includes the nation's most knowledgeable experts in cultivation and medical dispensing, along with professionals who are top of their fields in medical professions, security, agriculture, real estate, and the legal distribution of other highly controlled substances.