Company & Role Overview
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Customer Service Expectations
- Deliver a superior level of customer service, both in person and over the phone; coaches other dispensary personnel on the commitment to provide excellent customer service.
- Consistently model professionalism and serves as a role model to the dispensary staff during periods of high stress and ambiguity.
- Resolve customer complaints and help respond to customer requests in a timely manner to ensure positive patient experience.
- Engage patients in a friendly, greeting manner and offer assistance with products and services.
- Evaluate dispensary processes to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Monitor customer service provided by team members and offers reminders, training, encouragement, and develop plans for improvement if needed.
- Uphold state licensure requirements as mandated by the State of Connecticut and the Board of Pharmacy
- Counsel patients and answers any questions regarding the usage of cannabis, dosing, side effects, interactions, contraindications, and devices needed to consume.
- Accountable for ensuring the use of all elements of Good Faith Dispensing in conjunction with state laws and regulations and is followed by all personnel.
- Accountable for safe cannabis storage and the security of the dispensary department during opening and closing hours as stated in 21a-408-35 to 21a-408-38.
- Enforce security, cash, and inventory management protocols to nullify risk of diversion
- Oversee inventory and cash management, daily and weekly. Responsible for training and actions of a cash handling specialist and an Inventory Manager.
- Partner with the Inventory Manager to manage ordering, intake of deliveries including verifying accuracy of delivery, inspecting packages, submitting manifests, and entering products accurately in the Point-of-Sale system.
- Verify that customer registration is entered accurately
- Work with other management to ensure that fair scheduling is being followed; ensure that the proper technician to pharmacist ratio is followed dependent on state regulations
- Accurate state reporting, including reporting to the Prescription Monitoring Program, while verifying all information is sent properly; corrections are expected to be rectified within 72 hours of initial reporting.
- Quality Assurance Program is maintained, and a quarterly QA meeting should be performed with the staff.
- Meet record-retention requirements
- Ensure dispensary staff has access to appropriate pharmaceutical reference materials to ensure cannabis is properly dispensed
People & Performance Management
- Become a subject matter expert; assists members and coaches dispensary staff to both advise and educate patients, according to state guidelines, on the safe dosage and other aspects of cannabis.
- Diffuse difficult situations and ensure issues are resolved to a staff's satisfaction while upholding company standards
- Approach difficult conversations with employees and use diplomacy in human resource issues; request guidance from senior management when handling delicate situations.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and welcoming environment inside and outside the facility, paying a high attention to detail with both the safety of staff members and patients in mind.
- Supervise Dispensary Pharmacists in execution of core pharmacist duties
- Develop employee performance improvement plans while finding solutions to positively improve an individual's performance.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, applicable employment laws, and show consistent, fair treatment of all team members.
- Communicate regularly with team members through one-on-one discussions, group meetings, and electronic communication to solicit input, questions, and promote open communication between management and non-management personnel.
- Ensure proper training of all dispensary personnel in compliance with 21a-408-45 and 21a-408-46.
- Promote teamwork and motivate team members by establishing expectations, tracking results, showing enthusiasm, and sharing vision.
Training and Personal Development
- Maintain current pharmacist and dispensary licensing requirements including obtaining necessary certifications and continuing education credits.
- Enhance current knowledge and skills related to pharmacy, healthcare, and cannabis education by reading relevant pharmacy and science journals, company publications, and other communications.
- Maintain awareness of developments in cannabis laws and regulations, pharmacy practice, and other state/federal law changes that would impact the business.
- Seek professional development by monitoring self-performance, solicit constructive feedback, and leverage upper management for support and mentorship.
Business Performance Management
- Identify sales opportunities to increase profits, growth, and financial performance of the dispensary facility.
- Maintain a sufficient supply of inventory for patients while looking to reduce shrink.
- Analyze different performance data, including financial, customer surveys, and inventory reports to improve profits and increase sales and customer counts.
- Develop relationships with the local medical community, including prescribers, and other businesses to build the store's brand and imprint in the community.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy
- Active pharmacist license, in good standing, from the State of Connecticut
- Able to gain access to the Connecticut's Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP).
- At least two years of managerial experience.
- Experience in a retail pharmacy setting
- Doctorate of Pharmacy degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy
Computers and Technology
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to learn, navigate and accurately utilize the company's Point of Sale & Patient data management software systems
- Familiarity with Google Forms is a plus
Work Environment and Physical Demands
About Acreage Holdings Co.
Headquartered in New York City, Acreage is a multi-state operator of cannabis cultivation and retailing facilities in the U.S., including the company’s national retail store brand, The Botanist. Acreage’s wide range of national and regionally available cannabis products include the award-winning Botanist brand, the highly recognizable Tweed brand, the Prime medical brand in Pennsylvania, the Innocent edibles brand in Illinois and others. Acreage also owns Universal Hemp, LLC, a hemp subsidiary dedicated to the distribution, marketing and sale of CBD products throughout the U.S.
Since its founding in 2011, Acreage has focused on building and scaling operations to create a seamless, consumer-focused, branded experience. More information is available at www.acreageholdings.com.