Company & Role Overview
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that's what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person's individuality, because there's power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That's why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL...
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Providing training to employees regarding security systems as needed
- Serves as technician for various security technology systems to include programming support for core functions and programming modifications for system performance improvement.
- Supporting infrastructure incidents at locations utilizing the networked access control and CCTV systems.
- Providing technical liaison assistance with Information Technology professionals and technology system vendors for server maintenance and proper integration of security systems with overall company IT infrastructure to include compliance with cyber security policies and procedures.
- Providing technical support to sites to resolve day-to-day issues related to security technology systems.
- Monitoring system performance and data integrity through the use of regular audits and providing feedback to primary users and integrators.
- Assisting with planning and managing changes to established Security and Information Technology standards during upgrades and maintenance windows.
- Assisting in the installation and implementation of security solutions for facilities.
- Providing testing of new security technology system installations prior to final acceptance.
- Supporting and overseeing new installation of security technology systems as it relates to ensuring compliance with standards, and support for local system integrators.
- Providing training to retail employees regarding security systems as needed.
- Assists in creating, managing, and granting permissions for access control badges and the process for all Parallel employees including printing, data collection, and information logging.
- Traveling up to 30% of time to Parallel facilities in all markets if necessary to replace and repair security equipment.
- Thoroughly complete all necessary paperwork relating to job tickets.
- Maintain the condition and cleanliness of any company provided vehicle.
- Serves as a trainer and resource to the Physical Security Technician Analysts to assist in resolving problems.
- May temporarily serve and handle manager role and duties in the absence of the Physical Security Manager and when directed by the Sr. Asset Protection Manager
- Performing other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree Preferred in Information Security, Information Systems, Business, or related technical field
- 5-7+ years of demonstrated progressive experience in a similar role
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superb detail-orientation and organizational skills with a keen ability to understand network evaluation criteria and be exact in assessments.
- Prior process documentation and project management skills
- Ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, climb, walk, sit, push, pull, squat, crawl, and stoop.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and type on keyboard; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The use of power tools will be required to effectively perform this position. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU...
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn't fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the "traditional" solution isn't the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, Mission, & Values
Our Values -
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.
Parallel is one of the largest privately-held, vertically-integrated, multi-state cannabis operators in the U.S. with active operations in five high-growth cannabis markets. In each market we are known by distinct retail brand names:
- Florida: Surterra Wellness
- Massachusetts: NETA
- Texas: goodblend
- Pennsylvania: goodblend
- Nevada: The Apothecary Shoppe
Parallel is building a leading well-being company and are looking for the best, most diverse talent to join our team. We have a high-performance, inclusive, and employee-focused culture, that focuses just as much on how we do things as on what we do. We strive for the highest compliance to our laws and regulations, while finding the most efficient and innovation solutions that will benefit how we continue to serve our customers.