Company & Role Overview
- Lead and Inspire.
- Commit to Win.
- ONE Curaleaf.
- Driven to Deliver Excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Within a large-scale cannabis processing facility lead a team of Packaging Technicians in the performance of production tasks such as product filling, sealing, packaging, inventory management, and labeling.
- Lead all lab product filling, packaging and department-level inventory functions remaining proficient with all tasks. Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Filling capsules, concentrates, syringes and vaporizer cartridges and pens to proper net weight utilizing manual and mechanical methods.
- Weighing and counting pieces to fill to proper unit count quantity.
- Properly assembling and capping all products.
- Inserting product into final packaging and applying tamper-evident seals.
- Applying additional batch-specific labeling.
- Staging product in lot quantities for proper finished goods storage.
- Comprehensive knowledge of cannabis filling and packaging.
- Drive department core metrics (quantity, quality, and productivity objectives) and measure planned vs. actual performance hourly/daily.
- Assist with the training and development of the Lab Packaging team.
- Hold self and others accountable at all times.
- Support and participate in department continuous improvement and occupational safety initiatives such as the 5S program and Hazard Communication.
- Support and participate in sanitation and bio-security practices.
- Understand/apply product integrity standards for lab products making sure quality is maintained while being prepared, filled, packaged, and processed.
- Manage critical product and batch data and ensure that labels are complete, accurate and legible.
- Responsible for contributing to the team's operational efficiency and waste reduction through ownership, teamwork, communication, and collaboration.
- Ensure that scales and measurement devices are ready for use (calibrated and serviceable).
- Support tracking and recordkeeping functions within the state seed-to-sale e-system MJ Freeway remaining in compliance with DOH rules and regulations.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOP) for all operations, ensuring adherence to company and regulatory compliance (proper weighing, data recording, product tracking, security, green waste disposal, etc.
- Utilize production data files, records, and reports such as hourly/daily/weekly productivity/quality trackers and inventory data.
- Understand and support the demand plan and production schedule.
- Lead the compliant and safe handling and use of solvents and sanitizing agents to include isopropyl alcohol and ethanol.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with filling and packaging equipment and maintain critical resources in an "always ready" posture.
- Execute operator-level equipment cleaning and maintenance activities and support facility maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Lead the team through overtime assignments.
- Assist with staging product and packaging supplies to meet daily production schedule.
- Perform quality assurance protocols such as in-process/post-process visual inspection and spot checks of net fill weights.
- Ensure 100% compliance involving proper weighing, data recording, product tracking and security throughout the entire packaging process.
- Responsible for ensuring each product is properly labeled in compliance with the PA regulations to include batch and content labeling.
- Maintain accurate and timely inventory including applicable data tracking and visual organization for workspace.
- Maintain security protocols within lab packaging and inventory spaces and observe authorized personnel only access.
- Understand, and apply proper lab product packaging methods, including specification limits for customer satisfaction and overfill cost.
- Able to identify common operational problems and alert superior.
- Maintain manufacturing best practices such as adherence to standardized work instructions and process controls, takt time, one-item flow, pull, standard WIP, etc.
- Participate in continuous improvement and occupational safety initiatives such as the 5S program and Hazard Communication.
- Additional duties as assigned, including supporting the Processing lab leadership team with daily production functions as needed.
- Ensure Accountability - Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Problem Solving - In a team setting, identifies and helps resolve problems in a timely manner asking for help when needed. Develops alternate solutions to maintain forward progress. Uses facts and reasoning.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts team success above own interests. Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains a blameless environment and focuses on conflict resolution. Listens and understands employee concerns and perspectives.
- Leading People - Empowers team to be involved in process improvement. Accepts responsibility for the behaviors and performance of subordinates. Develops team's skillset and encourages individual development. Continuously works to improve own leadership and management abilities. Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires and motivates others to perform well. Effectively influences actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others. Gives appropriate recognition to others. Is available to the team when needed. Leads by example.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses and pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills and shares expertise with others.
- Effective Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in all situations. Listens closely and responds to questions responsively. Able to present a consistent message to groups in stand-up/formal meeting settings. Writes clearly and informatively and presents data effectively. Able to interpret written information and data effectively.
- Quality Management - Explores ways to improve and promote quality. Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and tenacity.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect. Keeps commitments. Inspires the trust of others. Works ethically with integrity.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures. Supports organizational goals and values.
- Strategic Thinking - Supports and contributes to strategies to achieve organizational goals. Understands team's strengths and weaknesses and takes action to improve the current state.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and plans for additional resources. Sets goals and objectives, schedules people and tasks and creates ambitious yet practical team actions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Practices empathy, humility and objectivity and is a team resource.
- Dependability - Follows instructions and responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions and keeps commitments. Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time and to standard or notifies superior of problems. Contributes ideas to every solution.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of hire.
- Must pass a state background check and be properly badged per state cannabis program requirements.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. minimum.
- Six (6) or more months of applicable experience in filling and packaging with a focus on compliance, consumer safety and product integrity desired.
- Experience leading a small manufacturing team of 12 or more employees desired.
- Able to follow equipment utilization and work schedules.
- Ability to effectively adhere to production plans and priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to remain calm in periods of high stress or unusual activity.
- Absolute reliability and honesty.
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to focus with attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly.
- Strong work ethic.
- Willingness to learn and improve each operation.
- Understand basic weight and measurement concepts and able to operate various scales and meters.
- Basic mechanical aptitude to operate, maintain and troubleshoot filling, capping, sealing and measurement equipment.
- Must possess the physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required to accomplish duties, including but not limited to:
- Sitting, standing, and performing repetitive tasks for long periods of time.
- Standing, bending, and lifting up to 50 pounds unassisted, carrying packaging, product totes, pushing carts, etc.
- Able to use hands, wrists, and forearms repetitively and with dexterity.
- Able to wear required personal protective equipment for the duration of the shift.
Curaleaf creates clean, reliable, trusted cannabis products for wellness and medical use. Our highly-skilled dispensary staff is trained—and dedicated!—to help you find just the right method and concentration to achieve your personal cannabis goals