Company & Role Overview
Sunnyside* leaders inspire and develop talent, build on retail business fundamentals, and serve as the link between the Sunnyside* brand vision of providing access to consistent high-quality cannabis and cannabis knowledge and the operations of the store.
WHO OUR LEADERS ARE
- Sunnyside* leaders inspire others! Our leaders bring a passion for coaching, developing, and influencing teams while driving a profitable multi-unit business. Ideal candidates have proven success building a high-performance team
- Sunnyside* leaders are energetic, possess strong interpersonal skills and work well with others. Collaboration is key to our team's success in cannabis!
- Sunnyside* leaders are adaptable! Priorities can change quickly, and our leaders are expected to own new processes. Embracing these initiatives and championing the change within the stores is critical to the teams' success.
- Sunnyside* leaders enjoy people! Consulting our customers, listening to their needs and providing an exceptional experience is vital to achieving customer loyalty.
- Sunnyside* leaders maintain a high level of integrity across. In an industry that is highly regulated, we trust in our employee's commitment to always do the right thing.
- Sunnyside* leaders build and support highly effective teams. Ideal candidates will have skills in talent selection, performance management and succession planning of hourly and salary team members.
- Sunnyside* leaders are at the helm of an ever-evolving industry. A cannabis retail leader is a dynamic role that combines problem solving, teamwork, technical skills, and customer service. Ideal candidates will have experience in conflict resolution, strategic thinking, decision making and complex problem solving.
- Develop, coach, and inspire employees to achieve individual and team goals through regular feedback inclusive of recurring performance discussions and career development planning. Sustain coaching, training and development initiatives specific to succession planning needs.
- Uphold a culture of accountability, people-centric, and forward-thinking.
- Drive profitable sales through forecasting, scheduling, outstanding customer service and execution of programs and initiatives.
- Assess team performance, skill gaps, and career aspirations to develop a leadership pipeline that provides for projected new store openings and revenue growth.
- Regularly assess store staffing and efficiency for improvement opportunities and workforce planning.
- Analyze business metrics to create, implement and communicate action plans that promote growth and continuous improvement of dispensary operations.
- Achieve sales objectives by creating and monitoring performance of sales and inventory plans, influencing marketing materials, maintaining online platforms and establishing inventory controls.
- Provide regular updates, feedback, and solutions to corporate retail leadership across all areas of dispensary operations.
- Identify business and competitor risks; analyze metrics to help increase market share.
- Manage any inspection or audit escalations.
- Establish and nurture key business partner relationships across Human Resources, Outreach, Compliance, Security, Employees Health & Safety, Marketing, Construction and IT.
- Partner with Regional Buyer to select product line enhancements (cultivators/vendors/products) given regional trends and customer demographics; ensure dispensary teams are prepared and resourced to launch enhancements.
- Partner with Human Resources to investigate and resolve employee relations and employee engagement concerns in a timely manner.
- Develop organization plans in support of short-term strategy to monitor and drive the achievement of company and individual performance through KPI's and other metrics.
- P&L responsibility for a territory to include payroll, financial management, and achieving monthly sales goals.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures, local, and state laws.
- Support outreach efforts/community partnerships to build a positive image within the community, drive brand awareness, and draw new patients.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 5-9 years of Retail Management Experience, preferably in a high-growth or fast-paced environment with multiple site responsibilities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn, apply and teach others technical and product-related information in a professional consultative manner.
- Strong business acumen including data management, attention to detail, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A high level of integrity, personal motivation, adaptability, and sense of urgency.
- Experience working closely with HR teams and processes.
- Passion for all things retail. You bring excitement that rallies others around our vision.
- Genuine interest in and passion for the cannabis industry is required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.
About Cresco Labs, LLC
Cresco Labs is one of the largest public, vertically integrated, multistate operators in the cannabis industry. Our portfolio of in-house cultivated and manufactured brands features some of the highest quality, most awarded and most popular cannabis products in America. With dozens of locations nationwide, our owned and operated Sunnyside® dispensaries provide a welcoming, positive, judgement-free place to shop for anyone at any point on their cannabis journey. Founded in 2013, Cresco Labs’ mission is to normalize and professionalize cannabis through our passionate employees. As stewards of the cannabis industry, our teams are constantly focused on supporting the needs of our fellow colleagues, consumers, customers, and communities alike. With a focus on Social Equity and Educational Development, our SEED initiative ensures that our company reflects the communities in which we serve, ensuring equal opportunity for all in cannabis. At Cresco Labs, we aim to revolutionize and lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on quality and consistency of product, and to bring legitimacy to the industry with the highest level of integrity and professionalism.