Company & Role Overview
At Sunnyside, we believe the employee experience is paramount to all. With a strong focus on training, development, diversity and authenticity, our employees experience both personal and professional growth. As a Dispensary Manager, you will have:
- Experience leading and motivating a team of hourly and salary employees; skills include recruiting, onboarding, training, managing employee relations and coaching.
- The opportunity to build on retail business fundamentals to include effective scheduling, payroll, financial management, identifying sales trends, and business writing & reporting.
- Skills in conflict resolution, strategic thinking, decision making and complex problem solving.
- Skills in interviewing, talent selection and performance management of hourly and salary team members.
- Experience in a dynamic role that combines problem solving, teamwork, technical skills, and customer service!
WHO YOU ARE
- You are energetic, possess strong interpersonal skills and work well with others. Collaboration is key to our team's success!
- You enjoy people! Consulting our customers, listening to their needs and providing an exceptional experience is vital to achieving customer loyalty.
- You inspire others! You are a leader who has a passion for coaching, developing, and influencing your teams while driving a profitable business. You have proven success building a high-performance team!
- You hold yourself to a high level of integrity and lead by example. In an industry that is highly regulated, we trust in our employee's commitment to always do the right thing.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Build and sustain a high-performing team through employee selection, onboarding, coaching and clear accountability for results.
- Conduct at least monthly 1:1 quality conversations with each assistant manager and quarterly 1:1s with each store employee.
- Assess team performance, skill gaps, and career aspirations of employees; solicit or provide resources, trainings or procedures to support team needs.
- Analyze and determine effective headcount requirements and labor schedules that account for store sales trends, department objectives and labor laws.
- Motivate and inspire dispensary team to exceed revenue targets and KPIs, with an emphasis on selling and cross-selling techniques.
- Partner with Human Resources to resolve employee relations issues.
- Ensure employees are knowledgeable and coached to navigate any regulatory changes.
- Ensure a clean and safe environment for employees and customers
Sales & Operational Excellence:
- Provide regular updates, feedback, and solutions to corporate retail leadership across all areas of dispensary operations.
- Establish and nurture key business partner relationships across Human Resources, Outreach, Compliance, Security, Employees Health & Safety, Marketing, Construction and IT.
- Drive profitable sales through forecasting, scheduling, outstanding customer service and execution of programs and initiatives.
- Identify business and competitor risks; analyze metrics to help increase market share.
- Support outreach efforts/community partnerships to build a positive image within the community, drive brand awareness, and draw new patients.
- Establish daily operations procedures with an eye towards improvement and efficiency.
- Oversee inventory activities ensuring product requirements are met and deliveries are on time.
- Maintain accurate records of all dispensary activities including daily cash reconciliations, guest records, sales, deliveries and returns.
- Perform monthly audit reporting and store visit checklist with Area Manager.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures, state, and local laws.
- Serve as point of contact for state regulators and local authorities, overseeing any inspections or audits
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in business or comparable experience
- 5-7 years of retail management experience required; Cannabis knowledge or dispensary leadership experience a plus
- Experience managing teams of 10 or more with layers of leadership, preferably in a high-volume location with a focus on team development.
- Demonstrated ability to learn, apply and teach others technical, product-related information in a professional consultative manner.
- Experience working closely with HR teams and processes.
- A high level of integrity, personal motivation, and sense of urgency
- Proficient in MS Office, Highly Proficient in MS Excel with experience in data entry and data management
- Strong business acumen including excellent communication, attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Available to work all hours of operation inclusive of nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance).
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.
About Cresco Labs, LLC
Cresco Labs is one of the largest public, vertically integrated, multistate operators in the cannabis industry. Our portfolio of in-house cultivated and manufactured brands features some of the highest quality, most awarded and most popular cannabis products in America. With dozens of locations nationwide, our owned and operated Sunnyside® dispensaries provide a welcoming, positive, judgement-free place to shop for anyone at any point on their cannabis journey. Founded in 2013, Cresco Labs’ mission is to normalize and professionalize cannabis through our passionate employees. As stewards of the cannabis industry, our teams are constantly focused on supporting the needs of our fellow colleagues, consumers, customers, and communities alike. With a focus on Social Equity and Educational Development, our SEED initiative ensures that our company reflects the communities in which we serve, ensuring equal opportunity for all in cannabis. At Cresco Labs, we aim to revolutionize and lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on quality and consistency of product, and to bring legitimacy to the industry with the highest level of integrity and professionalism.