Company & Role Overview
- Lead and Inspire.
- Commit to Win.
- ONE Curaleaf.
- Driven to Deliver Excellence.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Account Executive - Wholesale oversees our established cannabis wholesale program and helps us continue our rapid growth in one of the fastest growing industries. This role is responsible for driving new sales and meeting revenue targets through acquiring new accounts, account management, and providing sales metrics and reporting for their designated region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages all sales efforts for wholesale accounts throughout the state to achieve monthly and annual sales revenue and gross margin targets.
- Partners with local market team to develop state specific strategies.
- Conducts sales calls and selling efforts for wholesale accounts.
- Develops and nurtures new accounts and key customer relationships.
- Develop pipeline, targets, and innovative strategies to increase opportunities and sales in the market.
- Creates and organizes promotional events, updates sales menus and product availability databases, and executes customer orders.
- Works with the marketing team, develops promotional plans, campaigns, and educational initiatives to attract the interest of and capture new customers.
- Prepares and presents sales reports to track leads and executes follow up.
- Ensures proper inventory levels are maintained through sales tools, smart communication and in store visits.
- Stays abreast of industry, customer, and competitive product landscape.
- Maintains regular communication with customers to understand their needs.
- Builds a strong base of industry expertise.
- Attend cannabis industry trade shows, conferences, conventions, and other professional events in an effort to stay current on industry trends as well as to interact with potential and existing customers.
- Travel Requirements: We are looking for a road warrior to cover their given assignment with occasional overnights.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility for others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelors Degree (BA, BS) or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of professional sales experience with at least 1 in a B2B sales channel in cannabis.
- Solid understanding of the cannabis industry, cannabis laws, rules and regulations and the ability to stay current on any changes for the industry.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Proven success in being results oriented, driven, detail oriented, enthusiastic, organized and possess excellent communication skills.
- A strong sales track record in driving revenue, achieving growth and building customer relationships.
- Experience of exceeding sales quotas.
- Knowledge of cannabis industry, regulations, market trends and competition highly preferred.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to recognize and respond to changing trends and priorities.
- Ability to work in and foster a collaborative team environment.
- Cannabis industry experience.
- Software proficiency: Hoodie, Leaflink, Leaftrade, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Accountability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Communication, Oral: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive, negative, and challenging situations; Listens to understand; Asks questions for clarification; Responds appropriately to questions; Adjusts to fit the audience.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments; Presents a cheerful, positive manner with customers.
- Driven to Deliver: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances; Has a strong bottom-line orientation; Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks; Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully; Pushes self and helps others achieve results.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Initiative: Identifies what needs to be done and does it before being asked or before situation requires it; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; Sets goals and objectives.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully by considering facts and data; Develops creative and alternative solutions for the root-cause issue.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Values of Differences: Recognizes the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization; Seeks to understand different perspectives and cultures; Applies others' diverse experiences, styles, backgrounds, and perspectives to get results; Is sensitive to cultural norms, expectations, and ways of communicating; Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger or feel, reach with hands and arms and lift up to 25 pounds. This position has no special vision requirements.
This position has no specific environmental conditions.
Curaleaf is an equal opportunity employer. Curaleaf recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as requires by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
One Curaleaf: We work together collaboratively and with accountability. We are dedicated to always doing the right thing for each other, our customers and our communities.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Retirement Plan - 401(K)
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Community Involvement Through our Rooted in Good Initiative
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Referral Payment Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Product Discounts
Curaleaf Awards and Achievements:
Curaleaf creates clean, reliable, trusted cannabis products for wellness and medical use. Our highly-skilled dispensary staff is trained—and dedicated!—to help you find just the right method and concentration to achieve your personal cannabis goals