Company & Role Overview
- Oversee all strategic planning and vision for facility plant operations for processing, packaging, maintenance, quality and logistics/fulfillment
- Manager all facility activities working closely with departmental managers ensuring wholesale objectives are accomplished on time and budget
- Partner with facility General Manager on budgeting; Analysis of facility data, including efficiency metrics, labor variance analysis, defect rates, cost drivers, volume and capacity planning, etc. to make recommendations on optimal quality and efficiency improvements and capital expenditures
- Develop and produce reporting to clearly illustrate the trends of the business
- Manage and maintain a company culture consistent with the culture established at GTI corporate of accountability, transparency and enjoyment
- Participate in developing and implementing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to advance GTI's mission, vision, goals and objectives
- Continuously improve the skills, knowledge and morale of all employees; create an environment where the entire team does the same
- Implement and maintain wholesale facility and equipment preventative maintenance program; replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal billing or licensing requirements
- Will be required to be on-call and to respond to emergency situations at any time. This may include scheduling issues, potentially covering a vacant shift, facility issues and/or human resources requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Work involves daily exposure to allergens (such as cannabis, tree nuts, and coconut oil).
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business required
- 5+ years of management experience in manufacturing environment; direct management of 30+ individuals in a manufacturing setting required
- Consumer Packaged Good experience preferred
- In-depth knowledge & understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, certifications a plus
- Exposure to horticulture and/or plant science and/or lab processing, a plus
- Can-do attitude and ability to adapt quickly; business is experiencing tremendous growth so previous operational experience in growth environment is substantially preferred
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.
About Green Thumb Industries
Calling all curious, collaborative, compassionate, boundary-pushing, trustworthy stewards: There’s a place for you.
Join us on our mission to promote well-being through the power of cannabis while giving back to the communities in which we serve.
People are everything at Green Thumb. Some of us nurture plants while others pore over legal documents or open new stores. A few things we have in common? We’re stewards of the plant, a happy and humble bunch and genuinely love what we do.