Company & Role Overview
** This role is located at our RISE Dispensary in Joliet on Colorado Ave
- Engage with and assist patients and/or customers in a customer-facing, intimate retail environment
- Ensure local and state cannabis regulations are properly enforced and upheld
- Utilize product and consumption-method knowledge to successfully recommend a safe and effective regimen suited to each patient's specific needs
- Ensure sales floor is properly stocked and presence of the store is well maintained
- Responsible for remaining up to date on product knowledge
- Play an active part in patient education on products, methods of consumption, and safety as part of patient interaction
- Complete duties at assigned workstations, as determined by management, during scheduled shifts including:
- Intake: Ensure accuracy of paperwork, documentation, and patient IDs.
- Register: Accurately operate the Point of Sale (POS) system, handle cash transactions, verify IDs, apply discounts, manage limits, and solicit reviews.
- Kiosk/Floor: Be visible on the sales floor, observe customers, guide traffic flow, and offer customer service.
- Back of House: Manage inventory, verify orders, conduct product counts and audits, and fulfill orders.
- Roll Through: Accurately operate the Point of Sale (POS) system for drive up purchases
- Maintenance: Uphold cleanliness, safety, and presentation standards throughout the dispensary.
- Maintenance of hard copy files (when required)
- Assist in verifying order deliveries for accuracy
- Security measures and safety compliance
- Maintain visitor log
- Provide necessary support to management team to ensure retail store operations run smoothly, properly and in compliance with the applicable rules and regulations, including daily activities, maintenance, and patient information for any reported issues and/or complaints
- Promote a work environment that is positive, communicative, patient-oriented, and compliant
- At least one year of customer service experience; preference for candidates with specialty, customer-facing retail experience
- Meet the scheduling and availability requirements (i.e., ability to work a schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as mornings, days, nights, and weekends) to meet business needs
- Must have reliable, responsible, and dependable attendance
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must pass all required background checks including state specific cannabis employment requirements
- Possess valid driver's license or state ID
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry
- Move about the dispensary to fulfill work assignments and assist patients and/or customers in various locations of the dispensary
- Remain in a stationary position, if required, to meet the needs of the business
- Converse and communicate with individuals and groups of people directly
- Operate point of sale system, computer, and other office productivity machinery to use online programming and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications and email
- Prepare patient and/customer orders by moving and placing products
- Inspect and receive detailed information, such as patients' and/or customers' dates of birth, in-store or online orders, or inquiries
- Move inventory and materials weighing up to 30 pounds independently
- Position self to move inventory and materials in storage areas
- Consistent demonstration of excellent customer service skills
- Desire to continuously learn (more) about cannabis, cannabinoids, and the endocannabinoid system, GTI products, and cannabis therapies - previous knowledge preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees
- Ability to listen well and effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with various audiences
- Previous experience with POS systems
- Understanding of applicable cannabis laws and regulations, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, and standard operating procedures
- Employee must be able to follow instructions as directed and incorporate constructive criticism from managers
- Operate with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information and complying with HIPPA requirements.
- Patient and/or customer-facing environment
- Ability to work outdoors invarying and sometimes adverse weather conditions
- Exposure to cannabis and/or allergens that might be present in an environment where cannabis is present and prevalent
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.
About Green Thumb Industries
Calling all curious, collaborative, compassionate, boundary-pushing, trustworthy stewards: There’s a place for you.
Join us on our mission to promote well-being through the power of cannabis while giving back to the communities in which we serve.
People are everything at Green Thumb. Some of us nurture plants while others pore over legal documents or open new stores. A few things we have in common? We’re stewards of the plant, a happy and humble bunch and genuinely love what we do.