Company & Role Overview
- Supervise the laboratory production operations of our infused products and/or extraction products
- Lead production employees to perform in a proficient manner, providing motivation through personal example and interpersonal skills
- Support leadership to maintain high standards of quality by assisting with document management, program development and laboratory testing
- Employ critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including ability to spot issues in efficiency/productivity and suggest improvements
- Maintain compliance with all State laws/regulations that affect GTI operations and safety, while promoting safety policies and awareness. Ensure employees maintain compliance
- Complete necessary scheduling, training, onboarding, performance reviews, etc • Set up, operate, and maintain laboratory instruments, monitor experiments, make observations, calculate and record results, notifying the Operations Manager of any deviations
- Follow SOP and standard analytical procedures to meet Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices compliance
- Support the documentation of lab standards, inventory management, Chemical Hygiene Policy and related labeling, and other SOPs as assigned
- Capable of working with hazardous chemicals and can identify and report unsafe equipment, conditions, and practices so that they may be corrected prior to an incident
- Responsible for hygiene, organization, and overall appearance of the facility
- Other duties as assigned
- Laboratory experience or degree in Life Sciences preferred
- 2+ years of working in an analytical, food manufacturing, or production environment
- Familiarity with OSHA guidelines for dealing with hazardous chemicals
- Background in cannabis extraction or distillation highly desirable, not required
- Knowledge in Continuous improvement, ex. Kaizen, Gemba Walks
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment, and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications, and email
- Knowledge of laboratory best practices including data entry, cleanliness, and systems
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative, and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense, and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the cannabis laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state and the Cannabis Compliance Board; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws is appreciated and commendable
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the state badging agency to receive an Agent badge
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking,hearing, seeing and repetitive motions
- Strong odors of extracted cannabis and cannabis plants on a consistent basis
- Ability to lift 20 pounds on occasion.
- Work involves daily exposure to allergens (such as cannabis, tree nuts, and coconut oil).
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.
About Green Thumb Industries
Calling all curious, collaborative, compassionate, boundary-pushing, trustworthy stewards: There’s a place for you.
Join us on our mission to promote well-being through the power of cannabis while giving back to the communities in which we serve.
People are everything at Green Thumb. Some of us nurture plants while others pore over legal documents or open new stores. A few things we have in common? We’re stewards of the plant, a happy and humble bunch and genuinely love what we do.