Company & Role Overview
- Supports the Quality Department and ensure all employees understand and follow all standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Establish and support through audits the incoming, in-process, and finished product sampling and inspection process.
- Reviews in-process batch documentation, logbooks, test results, and good documentation practices.
- Write quality inspection Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and forms, including routing and/or approval of change request packages, as requested.
- Participate in State regulatory and/or 3rd Party site inspections.
- Conduct internal audits to monitor site compliance to GTI corporate Quality System and PA State regulations.
- Segregation, control, and disposition of non-conforming product.
- Identify, recommend, and perform quality training as needed.
- Ensure maintenance and control of production quality records.
- Assist production personnel in the investigation of root causes and corrective action of internal rejects, corrective/preventive action, preventive control points, and customer complaints.
- Continually study the existing quality system and make recommendations for improvements.
- Perform improvement projects as identified.
- Collect quality data and report metrics to management.
- Monitors compliance to established Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) guidance.
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP and HACCP guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect product safety, product quality or personnel safety.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- May make decisions and perform the job responsibilities of the Quality & Compliance Manager in their absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Work involves daily exposure to allergens (such as cannabis, tree nuts, and coconut oil).
- High School Diploma or GED.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Associate degree in Agriculture, Horticulture or a related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Prior experience in regulated industry in healthcare, medical devices, pharmaceutical, consumer packaged goods (food), or cannabis is highly desired.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) experience is highly desired.
- Strong experience with product sampling and inspection.
- Must have the knowledge and skills required to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Must be able to work variable day shifts dependent on business need
- Ability to follow written procedures and monitor others for adherence to written procedures.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks and problem solve effectively.
- Exceptional computer skills in Microsoft® Office Suite (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word).
- Must have a solid understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
- Must possess valid driver's license.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.
About Green Thumb Industries
Calling all curious, collaborative, compassionate, boundary-pushing, trustworthy stewards: There’s a place for you.
Join us on our mission to promote well-being through the power of cannabis while giving back to the communities in which we serve.
People are everything at Green Thumb. Some of us nurture plants while others pore over legal documents or open new stores. A few things we have in common? We’re stewards of the plant, a happy and humble bunch and genuinely love what we do.