Company & Role Overview
About the Job:
The Laboratory Packaging Supervisor oversees the packaging of products and is responsible for compliance and consistency as well as managing the Lab Packaging Associate(s).
- Responsible for day to day operations and performance of the packaging function
- Maintains inventory levels and production standards
- Collaborates with sales department to ensure orders are properly fulfilled
- Oversees inventory, updates inventory levels as needed to reflect sales
- Recognizes areas of opportunity that improve Safety, Product Quality, Food Safety, Cost, Productivity, and Employee Morale
- Works with leadership team to ensure all KPIs are being met or exceeded
- Coach the production team to establish performance measures to achieve designated objectives and deliver business results
- Responsible for managing employee records (time off requests, time cards, etc)
- Creation of compliance labels
- Attends regularly scheduled management meetings to provide status updates and reports
- Collaboration with quality control to ensure labels are going on correctly and packaging remains compliant with regulations for the industry
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: VERY LABOR INTENSIVE. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 75 pounds (125 pounds with assistance), may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching. Moderate to loud exposure to noise level.
- Due to state regulations, qualified candidates for this position must be at least 21 years of age and able to pass a fingerprinting background check - certain criminal convictions may disqualify candidates based on state medical marijuana licensing regulations.
- Associate or 4-year degree preferred, with relevant college courses in biology, chemistry, or physics
- Prior Laboratory or operational experience required
- Previous marijuana industry experience preferred, with priority given to candidates with experience in licensed facilities
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications and email.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with basic scientific principles and laboratory terminology
- Basic math skills
- Familiarity with OSHA guidelines for dealing with hazardous chemicals
- Understanding and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the cannabis industry, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate responsibility, accountability, and dependability toward assigned tasks and duties
- Strong ethics and sound judgment
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.
About Holistic Industries
At Holistic Industries we are building a great place to work, shop and invest in cannabis. Our mission is to provide patients with the highest quality, safest cannabis medicine possible. As our name suggests, we care for the whole person. Our company develops and offers a wide range of proprietary strains that increase desired cannabinoids such as CBD. These high CBD strains have become our foundation for growing, packaging, and selling the best cannabis in our markets. Our team includes the nation's most knowledgeable experts in cultivation and medical dispensing, along with professionals who are top of their fields in medical professions, security, agriculture, real estate, and the legal distribution of other highly controlled substances.