Company & Role Overview
At Sunnyside, we believe the employee experience is paramount to all. With a strong focus on training, development, diversity, and authenticity, our employees experience both personal and professional growth. As an Assistant Retail Store Manager, you will have:
- Experience leading and managing a team of hourly members; skills include recruiting, onboarding, training, managing employee relations and coaching.
- The opportunity to build on retail business fundamentals to include effective scheduling, identifying sales trends, and business writing & reporting.
- Skills in conflict resolution, self-discipline, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Skills in interviewing, talent selection and talent management of hourly team members.
- Experience in a dynamic role that combines problem solving, teamwork, technical skills, and customer service!
WHO YOU ARE
- You are energetic, possess strong interpersonal skills and work well with others. Collaboration is key to our team's success!
- You enjoy people! Consulting our customers, listening to their needs and providing an exceptional experience is vital to achieving customer loyalty.
- You inspire others! You are a leader who has a passion for coaching, developing, and influencing your teams!
- You hold yourself to a high level of integrity and lead by example. In an industry that is highly regulated, we trust in our employee's commitment to always do the right thing.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Develop, coach, and inspire employees to achieve individual and team goals through regular feedback inclusive of recurring performance discussions and career development planning.
- Assist Human Resources and leadership in managing employee relations issues.
- Participate in staffing and recruiting efforts.
- Create and communicate an effective weekly labor schedule to ensure adequate staffing while considering Sunnyside guidelines and applicable labor laws.
- Respond to all employee's questions, concerns or suggestions and communicate resource needs to management; solicit feedback and assist in implementing resolutions.
- Communicate any regulatory changes and their implications to staff.
- Ensure a clean and safe environment for employees and customers.
- Facilitate training and onboarding of team members, including coaching on selling and cross-selling techniques.
Sales & Operational Excellence:
- Perform store opening and closing procedures (such as register preparation, morning and closing inventory, inventory reconciliation and reporting, and delivery operations where applicable) on busiest shifts.
- Manage and delegate daily operations while navigating operational challenges and escalations.
- Create and deliver accurate recaps and reports to management.
- Resolve any escalated cash, POS or product discrepancies.
- Maintain accurate records of all dispensary activities including daily cash reconciliations, customers records, sales, deliveries and returns.
- Support outreach efforts/community partnerships to build a positive image within the community, drive brand awareness, and draw new patients.
- Ensure compliance to all company policies, procedures, state and local laws.
- Assist management and Compliance teams in any state inspections or audits.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years' experience in retail management or comparable experience with teams of 5+ employees; Cannabis experience preferred.
- Excellent and demonstrated training experience
- Excellent customer service and conflict management skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn, apply and teach technical, product-related information in a professional consultative manner
- Proficient in MS Office, Highly Proficient in MS Excel with experience in data entry and data management
- Strong business acumen including excellent communication, interpersonal, and persuasive skills
- A high level of integrity, personal motivation, and sense of urgency
- After-hours work required
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance).
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.
About Cresco Labs, LLC
Cresco Labs is one of the largest public, vertically integrated, multistate operators in the cannabis industry. Our portfolio of in-house cultivated and manufactured brands features some of the highest quality, most awarded and most popular cannabis products in America. With dozens of locations nationwide, our owned and operated Sunnyside® dispensaries provide a welcoming, positive, judgement-free place to shop for anyone at any point on their cannabis journey. Founded in 2013, Cresco Labs’ mission is to normalize and professionalize cannabis through our passionate employees. As stewards of the cannabis industry, our teams are constantly focused on supporting the needs of our fellow colleagues, consumers, customers, and communities alike. With a focus on Social Equity and Educational Development, our SEED initiative ensures that our company reflects the communities in which we serve, ensuring equal opportunity for all in cannabis. At Cresco Labs, we aim to revolutionize and lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on quality and consistency of product, and to bring legitimacy to the industry with the highest level of integrity and professionalism.