Company & Role Overview
This shift will be M-F 8am-4:30pm
Your role in caring for our medical products:
- Review completed units to verify correct weight and detect any visual defects
- Application of all necessary labels
- Counting completed units into predetermined case pack sizes
- Scale calibration
- Assist in day-to-day cleaning of the machine
- Assist Packaging Machine Operator in troubleshooting
- Pre-opening of machine bags
- Maintain supply of machine bags
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications we ask you to have:
- For legal reasons, all employees need to be at least 21 years of age
- You will be asked to pass a Federal and State criminal history background check
- We ask that you have at least a high school diploma/GED
Addition skills which will help you excel in your role:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy - our machinery is imperative to the lifecycle and proper care of our plants!
- Desire and ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability and comfort with using power-operated machine tools.
- Comfortable using technology/computers to operate machine.
- Ability and willingness to pivot to other tasks quickly.
- Ability to learn new techniques and be open to direction from supervisor and teammates.
- Ability to make adjustments to the machine.
- Ability to learn new techniques and take direction well.
- Comfortable working around high-speed machinery.
- Comfortable with heights (up to 12 feet).
This is not your average desk job! Please make sure you are willing and able to perform the following:
- This role will ask that you sit, walk, bend, and reach throughout your entire shift. There may be days where you stand the entire day, sit the entire day, etc. Please be flexible as needs will change.
- You will be asked to carry loads of up to 50lbs repeatedly throughout the day. At times you will also need to be able to lift 10lbs above your head.
- As this is a cannabis growing facility, there will be strong odors, bright lights, and various noises throughout the workday.
- Employees are asked to wear scrubs, masks, gloves, and hair nets while working with the plants. DCM will provide scrubs, gloves, and hair nets to all employees.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental & Vision
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance AD&D
- DCM Product/Merch Discounts
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive pay
- Industry Discounts
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.
About District Cannabis
To most growers, the flower they harvest is the end of the road. For us, it’s just the beginning.
Our mission is to grow more than the world’s best Cannabis. We’re growing a better world. One that’s more caring, compassionate, understanding, and informed.
Behind every Sour Diesel, Gelato Cake and Lemon Royale Flower is something bigger: our mission to create meaningful, positive change in the world.
To fight for equality within the industry and society. To give those in need access to the medicine they require. To change perceptions about this miraculous plant and the power it contains. To soothe and heal, without hurting Mother Earth.
Every day we learn a bit more about the unlimited potential cannabis holds, and there’s nothing we like more than sharing it with you. Because to us, cannabis is much more than a plant; it’s our chance to change the world, one person, one patient, one policy at a time.