Company & Role Overview
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the Quality Department and ensures all employees understand and follow all standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Perform incoming inspections of materials received and ensure compliance with all specifications and requirements.
- Execute in-process and finished product sampling as required.
- Conducts positive release of all finished goods, which includes review of in-process batch documentation, packaging, labeling, logbooks, test results against internal specifications, and other production paperwork as required.
- Ensures good documentation practices are followed and all records are filed and maintained accordingly.
- Assist with segregation, control, and disposition of non-conforming product.
- Identify, recommend, and perform quality training as needed.
- Ensure maintenance and control of production quality records.
- Assist Quality Manager and production personnel in the investigation of root causes of quality incidents and non-conformances and assist with documenting and performing corrective and preventative actions.
- Continually study the existing quality system and make recommendations for improvements.
- Perform improvement projects as identified.
- Monitors compliance to established current Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) guidance.
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices, follow general GMP and food safety guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect product safety, product quality or personnel safety.
- Maintain and foster a positive work atmosphere.
- Perform pre-operation inspection and sanitation verification of production areas as required.
- Perform allergen and environmental swabbing activities as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Work involves daily exposure to allergens (such as cannabis, tree nuts, and coconut oil).
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Associate degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Prior experience in regulated industry in healthcare, medical devices, pharmaceutical, consumer packaged goods (food), or cannabis is highly desired.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) experience is highly desired.
- Strong experience with product sampling and inspection.
- Must have the knowledge and skills required to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Must be able to work variable day shifts dependent on business need
- Ability to follow written procedures and monitor others for adherence to written procedures.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks and problem solve effectively.
- Exceptional computer skills in Microsoft® Office Suite (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word).
- Should have a solid understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and regulations or a passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver's license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.
About Green Thumb Industries
Calling all curious, collaborative, compassionate, boundary-pushing, trustworthy stewards: There’s a place for you.
Join us on our mission to promote well-being through the power of cannabis while giving back to the communities in which we serve.
People are everything at Green Thumb. Some of us nurture plants while others pore over legal documents or open new stores. A few things we have in common? We’re stewards of the plant, a happy and humble bunch and genuinely love what we do.