Company & Role Overview
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Key contributor to the external financial reporting process - primarily responsible for preparing financial statements and footnotes, maintaining supporting documentation for all quarterly and annual external filings.
- Develop and maintain strong internal controls over financial reporting to ensure accuracy and integrity of financial data.
- Improve, automate and expand financial reporting software (Workiva) functionality.
- Drive continuous improvement in the financial reporting process through cross-functional collaboration efforts.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on all financial reporting requests.
- Stay informed about changes in accounting standards and regulatory requirements and assess the impact on financial reporting.
- Conduct financial reporting research and participate in projects involving benchmarking peer company disclosures.
- Participate in special projects and ad-hoc requests as assigned.
- Coordinate with external auditors and timely provide appropriate audit deliverables.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business with accounting concentration
- 3+ years accounting experience (public accounting or external reporting preferred)
- CPA preferred
- SEC reporting experience required
- Strong interpersonal skills and consistent follow through on assigned tasks
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and public company disclosure requirements preferred
- Experience with financial accounting systems (e.g., SAP, Hyperion, BPC, Workiva, Blackline)
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change; able to act as a change agent
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.
About Cresco Labs, LLC
Cresco Labs is one of the largest public, vertically integrated, multistate operators in the cannabis industry. Our portfolio of in-house cultivated and manufactured brands features some of the highest quality, most awarded and most popular cannabis products in America. With dozens of locations nationwide, our owned and operated Sunnyside® dispensaries provide a welcoming, positive, judgement-free place to shop for anyone at any point on their cannabis journey. Founded in 2013, Cresco Labs’ mission is to normalize and professionalize cannabis through our passionate employees. As stewards of the cannabis industry, our teams are constantly focused on supporting the needs of our fellow colleagues, consumers, customers, and communities alike. With a focus on Social Equity and Educational Development, our SEED initiative ensures that our company reflects the communities in which we serve, ensuring equal opportunity for all in cannabis. At Cresco Labs, we aim to revolutionize and lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on quality and consistency of product, and to bring legitimacy to the industry with the highest level of integrity and professionalism.