Company & Role Overview
Major Areas of Responsibility include:
- The Supervisor, Retail Operations ensures compliance with all Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program rules and regulations governing the Act, and directly supervises the activity within the dispensary to include dispensary staff training and education in the absence of the Manager and as directed.
- The Supervisor, Retail Operations provides management and leadership in the Dispensing Facility to include monitoring all point of sale transactions.
- The Supervisor, Retail Operations manages patient specific logs as required, the receipt, storage and auditing of all inventory, and is responsible for ordering new inventory and supplies, maintaining accurate records using Dutchie POS, the Dispensing Facility's inventory tracking software program.
- As the responsible party at the Dispensing Facility, this position resolves all inventory discrepancies and patient-staff conflicts.
- The Supervisor, Retail Operations is responsible for the development of the Dispensing Facility's privacy policies and procedures, the security and confidentiality of all patient information, as well as overall compliance with HIPAA.
- This position acts as a liaison internally between all staff, dispensary management team and the Manager, and externally between the Dispensing Facility and law enforcement, Commissioner of Health, and the local community.
- Directs and monitors department managers to accomplish goals of the plan, consistent with established and safety procedures.
- Establishes methods to follows the operating plan in compliance with the Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program, maintaining records required by public health law and ensures quality assurance plans, including but limited to plans to detect, identify and prevent dispensing errors related to product packaging and labeling.
- Manages and implements policies and procedures for any retesting of returned approved medical marijuana products, storage and disposal and meeting reporting requirements for adverse events and product recall.
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities)
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- MED badge.
- Experience must include hands-on responsibility for the full scope of human resources activities, both operations and analysis.
- Must be passionate about handling all aspects of a retail operation to include staffing schedules, compliance, inventory control, purchasing and theft prevention and product diversion.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills in a high growth environment are preferred.
- Operations management to include production oversight and accountability.
- Excellent and effective consulting skills.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including listening, coaching & training.
- Strong leadership, project management & time management skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Maintain excellent facilities conducive to enhancing employee productivity.
- Provide company-wide communication & manage change.
- Ensure employee safety, wellness, and health & welfare
Additional Abilities Required:
About The Cannabist Company:
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.
About Columbia Care, Inc.
Columbia Care is one of the largest and most experienced cultivators, manufacturers and providers of cannabis products and related services, with licenses in 18 U.S. jurisdictions and the EU. Columbia Care operates 130 facilities including 99 dispensaries and 31 cultivation and manufacturing facilities. Columbia Care is one of the original providers of medical cannabis in the U.S. and now delivers industry-leading products and services to both the medical and adult-use markets. In 2021, the company launched Cannabist, its new retail brand, creating a national dispensary network that leverages proprietary technology platforms. The company offers products spanning flower, edibles, oils, and tablets, and manufactures popular brands including Seed & Strain, Triple Seven, gLeaf, Classix, Plant Sugar, Press, Amber and Platinum Label CBD. For more information on Columbia Care, please visit www.col-care.com.
Recognized for its comprehensive benefits, ongoing training opportunities and commitment to diversity, equity inclusion both internally and with external vendors, Columbia Care has earned a spot on mg Magazine’s America’s Top Cannabis Industry Employers list.