Company & Role Overview
Cannabis Dispensary Security Officer
Oasis Cannabis Dispensary is a prominent and well-established Cannabis Dispensary in Las Vegas Nevada. We are seeking exceptional individuals to join our Security staff. We have openings for professional security guards to protect our premises, assets and personnel.
You will maintain a high visibility presence and uphold safety standards within the interior and exterior of the Dispensary.
You must have a valid NV Dispensary Agent card and LV Metro MJ Sheriff's card to apply for the position, or be willing to obtain both cards at your own expense upon hire. We are looking to hire immediately.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position. Benefits will be discussed with Full time eligible hew hires.
Job Type: Full-time. Must be able to pass a background check.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule - able to work ANY shift, including nights and weekends.
About Oasis Cannabis
We keep a commitment to improving community quality of life, spreading knowledge, choosing quality over profit, and helping every individual customer. We want to understand your needs and craft an experience that is just right.
Our customers choose Oasis for the personal attention they get from our knowledgeable team. We never cut corners and will work with you to find the right product for your needs. We believe that education, compassion, and community make up the core of an excellent dispensary experience.
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
· Oasis Cannabis Dispensary is looking to interview exceptional candidates to fill openings within on our Security Team. Candidates with 2+ yrs of security experience, solid work ethic and good references are encouraged to apply.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule - able to work ANY shift, including nights and weekends. Starting hourly wage is $18.00/hr.
· Protect company’s property, staff and visitors by maintaining a highly visible presence on the facility/grounds to ensure a safe and secure environment.
· Monitor the ingress and egress of employees, visitors, vendors and customers with the ability to detect suspicious or unsafe activity, investigate disturbances, diffuse situations and evict violators.
· Situational awareness and ability to react quickly and professionally to split-second issues that might arise.
· Maintaining and utilizing daily logs and badge system for visitors and employees.
· Patrol the facility and perimeter regularly and as required. Report in detail any suspicious or unusual occurrences to the Safety and Management Teams or local authorities promptly.
· Operate the CCTV and alarm systems as necessary to ensure the security of the facility.
· Know the facility, company policies, and procedures of the Safety position and enforce them. Follow established emergency action planning and procedures.
· Ability to diffuse situations that may arise and the ability to effectively and calmly manage large crowds.
· Manage breaks and lunches based on the needs of the Safety team.
· Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to walk long distances and be able to stand for prolonged periods at least 8 - 10 hours consecutive per day.
· Lift up to 50 pounds without assistance. Must be physically fit and able bodied.
· Must be able to walk, carry, bend, stand for entire work shift, lift, and push/pull as needed.
· Maintains appropriate grooming and uniform standards. Overall appearance is to be neat and clean at all times.
· Walk at least a half-mile continuously without needing relief.
· Ability to withstand inclement weather conditions for periods during assigned shift regarding but not limited to (Wind, Heat, Rain, Snow, etc.)
To apply - you MUST already have a valid NV Dispensary Agent card and LV Metro MJ Sheriff's card to apply for the position. We are looking to hire immediately.
· At least 21 years of age with valid identification
· Experience in the cannabis industry preferred
· Current NV CCB Dispensary Cannabis Agent work card
· Current LV Metro Sheriff's Cannabis work Card
· North Las Vegas Sheriff's Cannabis Work Card (When Applicable)
· Reliable transportation to and from work
· Minimum of 2 years of previous experience in security, police or military with honorable discharge
· Ability to pass a background investigation
· Basic understanding and use of the English language (Reading and Writing)
· First Aid / CPR Qualified with current certificates.
· Be able to demonstrate proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Media.
· Education: High School Diploma/GED
· Providing a resume and work references are required