Holy smokes! Green Thumb just keeps growing and growing! We’re looking for a General Manager to be the mastermind behind all daily operations for our Paterson, New Jersey location. Our perfect General Manager is someone who loves to grind away at the details of inventory, financial records, and safety and security measures. But we’re also looking for someone who can break through the haze of policies and paperwork to hire and shape our local team of passionate Patient Care Specialists and serve as an ambassador to the larger community, educating patients and enthusiasts about cannabis. A strong leader knows that success is always a joint effort, and the General Manager will also excel at working with the District Leader and leadership from Green Thumb Headquarters to help make sure Green Thumb is smoking the competition at every level!
- Ensure the dispensary’s compliance with security, inventory, and local and state regulations.
- Participate in developing and implementing operational rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to advance Green Thumb’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives.
- Deliver direction, oversight, and execution of all dispensary operations.
- Manage, supervise, and direct the activities of assigned team and make recommendations regarding hiring, discipline, termination, or advancement of employees.
- Responsible for onboarding and training Patient Care Specialists.
- Set an example and inspire internal team to deliver the highest level of customer experience.
- Review performance of other dispensary employees on a regular basis.
- Provide education and development for staff about medical cannabis strains, edibles, concentrates, and consumption mechanisms.
- Fulfill staffing needs and coordinate scheduling.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of every product and strain in the store, as well as industry-wide product knowledge.
- Oversee and manage quality product inventory and financial records.
- Collaborate with Green Thumb leadership to set sales, service, and profit goals and inspire and motivate staff to exceed them.
- Work with wholesalers to negotiate and procure an adequate supply of quality products.
- Maintain and enforce effective cash handling protocols until reconciliation.
- Ensure the safety and satisfaction of every patient and employee.
- Serve as a liaison to the local community.
- Lead and inspire a culture of high performance and building strong customer relationships.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Must possess valid driver’s license or state ID.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal and company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and balance up to 30 pounds (100 pounds with assistance). This job function may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over, and/or crouching.
No description provided.
- Cannabis experience required.
- At least 3-5 years in a supervisory or management role in a retail setting, specifically with POS business operations.
- Must be proactive, with strong work ethic, attention to detail, and strong communication and leadership skills.
- Meet timelines consistently and be able to effectively work under pressure.
- Continuously open to constructive, developmental feedback.
- High level of interpersonal skills in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, often working cross-functionally.
- Inventory control experience.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb
- Must have a solid understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
About Green Thumb Industries
Our Mission: To promote well-being through the power of cannabis.
We’re humble—We prefer quiet confidence and don’t shout about our success.
We’re hardworking—We put our heads down and get the job done.
We’re grateful—Working in our industry is a privilege and an act of service.
We’re transparent—Honest and open communication keeps us healthy as an organization.
We’re collaborative—And believe good ideas can come from anywhere.
We have a growth mindset—One that’s grounded in well-being.
Let’s get you hired! To apply to this job, create a free Vangst account below. Once you’re in, you can complete and submit your application right from this page.