The VP, CPG Brand Marketing will provide strategic brand management oversight and direction of Green Thumb's CPG portfolio. This position requires an exceptional, dynamic and high energy leader who believes in the power of brands to deliver transformative products, services and experiences to consumers. With strong communication, creative and analytical skills, the right candidate will leverage data-driven and consumer insights to drive strategies for brand and product development, multi-channel distribution, and effective and break through communications strategies to deliver sustainable profitable growth for Green Thumb. The VP, CPG Marketing will be a team player and leader who works collaboratively across functions to ensure organizational and operational alignment to deliver authentic brand and product experiences in this fast-paced and growing organization.
This role is required to be based out of corporate headquarters in downtown Chicago with up to 10% travel.
- Build and oversee the execution and development of Green Thumb's "House of Brands" strategy to ensure continued leadership within the high growth cannabis industry
- Develop, implement and manage the annual brand planning process in conjunction with Green Thumb's long-term strategic plan, including brand positioning, product strategy, consumer and trade promotions, new product development
- Lead ongoing consumer research & analysis in partnership with our Consumer Insights team to identify new consumer segments and/or brand/product opportunities.
- Establish and lead our long term product portfolio roadmap in collaboration with our innovation and revenue teams, by developing new brands, new products, and line extensions that are innovative, consumer/customer-driven and profitable.
- Oversee the development and implementation of high impact, innovative, and effective consumer marketing programs for Green Thumb brands, in partnership with both internal and external creative and media partners and our local marketing teams.
- Lead the commercialization process for all market expansions and new products, coordinating cross-functionally with Creative, Revenue, Finance, Sales, Operations, Procurement, and Supply Planning.
- Analyze profitability of products and customers; perform necessary cost-reduction measures to ensure existing and new products meet or exceed profit margin requirements and eliminate those that do not meet requirements.
- Establish and maintain key performance indicators that ensure brand health and growth targets are achieved effectively and efficiently.
- Manage brand P&L, including development of volume and spending forecasts
- Ensure compliance with state-specific regulations, policies, safety procedures, and fair employment practices.
- 12+ years of progressive experience in the CPG industry with a minimum 7+ years of team management
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- Experience working cross-functionally to translate brand strategies into relevant communications and activations.
- Experience leading a brand business as well as bringing new products to market; lifestyle marketing experience a plus.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Creative, Revenue, Finance, Sales, Retail, Operations, Procurement, and Supply Planning.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen, with experience working with P&Ls.
- Ability to identify and apply critical consumer insights to new product development, with experience applying varying research methodologies (qualitative and quantitative) to the process
- Experience directing and collaborating with both internal and external partners (e.g., brand strategy, package design, research and promotion agencies) for brand development and execution
- Demonstrated skill in building and leading strong cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated success in an early stage and or rapidly growing business
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity and frequent change
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb
- Must have a solid understanding and/or come to master the rules and regulations set forth by each state.; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws is appreciated and commendable
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation
Free Snacks / Drinks
Lunch & Learns
Paid Parental Leave
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote