SummaryJob Title: Cultivation Technician Department: Cultivation
Reports to: Cultivation Manager/Cultivation Lead Tech
The Cultivation Technician is responsible for contributing to all or most aspects of plant production including propagation, watering, pruning, trellising, defoliating, monitoring, and harvesting of plants. Other tasks such as transplanting, moving plants, Data collection and entry, making fertilizer solution, irrigation system management, cleaning and sanitation of grow rooms and equipment, and other tasks as assigned may also be responsibilities of the Cultivation Technician.
This is a hands-on, moderately labor-intensive position working in a warm and humid indoor environment. Employees must be able to lift 70lbs, perform repetitive tasks and be on their feet for 10-hour shifts. Weekend and Holiday shifts may be required.
- Monitor and maintain plant health
- Daily and routine plant maintenance tasks
- Maintain environmental conditions for optimal plant growth
- Sanitation and cleaning of all cultivation spaces
- All other activities related to plant production from propagation through harvest
- Follow all rules, guidelines, and SOPs to ensure compliance with all regulations, adherence to food safety standards, and to maintain a safe work environment
- Ensures that the cultivation areas are cleaned/sanitized and kept in an orderly manner.
- Ensures all instrumentations/equipment is calibrated and functioning properly by performing regular preventative maintenance.
- Timely contact the manager or lead tech when instruments/equipment is found to be in need of maintenance/repair.
- May help in other departments as needed/Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated horticulture experience
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Broad mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to work in a physical capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Independent thinking and initiative
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to effectively use computer-based seed-to-sale inventory software
No supervisory responsibility.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional greenhouse like setting. Exposure to heat, bright lights and organic chemicals is expected. Protective safety clothing, shoes, glasses, goggles, gloves, facemasks, or hat are required as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Activities include extended periods of sitting or standing and extensive work using laboratory equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to lift up to 70lbs and 50lbs overhead. Must be able to climb a ladder, bend over, kneel, crouch and reach.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days vary depending on needs. Can expect to work 4- 10 hour shifts 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Overtime and is rarely expected. Must be able to work weekends and some Holidays
No travel to be expected in this role.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be 21 years of age or older
Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Acreage Holdings, Inc., and its affiliated companies (collectively, the "Company") value the health, safety and wellbeing of its employees, customers, their families, and other visitors of our offices and facilities and have instituted several safeguards and protective measures, including mandatory vaccination requirements, to prevent the spread of COVID-19 exposures and infections. Accordingly, the Company's Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible for employment with the Company, except for individuals with a documented and approved medical or religious exemption, or other exemption as provided under applicable law.
For purposes of this Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, an individual is considered fully vaccinated when two weeks have passed following receipt of the second dose in a two-dose vaccination series (such as Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks have passed following a single-dose vaccination (such as Johnson & Johnson). Additionally, candidates who accept an offer of employment will be provided with instructions for securely submitting proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to the individual's start date, as well as the Company's process for requesting and completing an applicable medical or religious exemption form. No medical documentation should be submitted to the Company prior to receiving such instructions from the Company's recruiter or other designated human resources professional.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.