This position is responsible for assisting in the maintenance and upkeep of the facility. The Maintenance Technician assists the Maintenance Manager in routine and preventative maintenance of all equipment within the facility, as well as general cleaning and upkeep of the facility itself. The ideal candidate is well-rounded, multi-skilled with experience in electrical, plumbing, and HVAC as well as general facility maintenance. You are also a team player - driven by pride in your work and smiles on your coworker's faces.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner, following Company work rules and policies
- Perform building, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and painting repairs, troubleshooting & preventative maintenance as necessary
- Assist in construction, preventative, routine, and breakdown maintenance and repairs on all equipment in the facility
- Perform routine filter cleaning and replacement activities on equipment throughout the facility.
- In dept troubleshooting and repair of HVAC and refrigeration equipment.
- Reads and interprets electrical, mechanical and pneumatic prints relating to HVAC equipment.
- Plumbs, solders and brazes water, air and high pressure refrigerant lines.
- Performs preventive maintenance and troubleshoots all types of air distribution systems.
- Performs air balancing measurements and adjustments as required.
- Performs the required skilled services when recovering and recycling refrigerants.
- Maintains and troubleshoots computerized and microprocessor based control systems.
- Tests, troubleshoots, and repairs all of the Facility's heating, chilled water, condenser, glycol and heat recovery loops.
- Analyzes, maintains and controls chemicals in chilled water, condenser water, glycol and heating water circuits.
- Maintains refrigerant log and refrigerant inventory according to applicable code.
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and air conditioning equipment related air compressors.
- Maintain inventory of repair equipment and supplies
- Complete work orders as assigned including computer documentation and follow up activities.
- Will develop a high level of knowledge concerning equipment in the facility
- Will develop & maintain knowledge of the facilities plumbing, electrical, irrigation, HVAC and security systems
- Ensure compliance with all company policies & required training (Safety, Quality, Regulations, etc)
- Responsible for unloading freight deliveries when needed
- Perform other maintenance duties as requested
- Help create a positive environment by having a positive attitude and by being self-motivated.
- Research, evaluate and adapt to new methods to meet or exceed goals, and or modify their technique/procedures based on all applicable laws
- Employee must exhibit personal hygiene and follow the health guidelines set forth by Green Thumb and the state while processing patient medicine.
- High School Education or GED required; some college or college graduate preferred
- 2+ years experience in maintenance or similar position preferred
- Basic knowledge of HVAC systems, plumbing, electrical and general construction/carpentry - Preferred Associates Degree or certification in HVAC and/or refrigeration.
- Highly knowledgeable with hand and power tools.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must work well with others and be able to adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure and technique.
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver's license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, climbing, reaching, squatting, kneeling, crawling, seeing and repetitive motions.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to work on feet. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance) AND must be able to do so safely with extreme care and caution.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation
Free Snacks / Drinks
Lunch & Learns
Paid Parental Leave
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote