The Inventory Specialist is responsible for maintaining accurate inventory controls while adhering to all company, state, and federal laws and policies. They must possess excellent math, organizational, and time management skills as well as work well in a team setting. The Inventory Specialist will work closely with Dispensary Management to maintain accurate, organized, and quality inventory at all times so that the customers are always receiving the best available product.
- Create inventory budgets based on store metrics
- Identify opportunities, propose solutions, and execute game plans to improve efficiency
- Serve as resource and subject matter expert for all employees including the leadership team as it pertains to inventory
Quality & Financial
- Maintain organization of back stock and active product
- Analyze store metrics and place bi-weekly orders based on the projected needs of the store
- Coordinate the rotation of inventory after each delivery to ensure that the oldest product is always sold first
- Restock products front vault to sales floor in the morning and throughout the day as needed
- Perform daily physical inventory counts of all active products
- Reconcile any discrepancies as needed and identify causes of shrink
- Keep track of expiring edibles through Google Calendar or similar program
People & Development
- Assist in coaching the staff about the importance of inventory integrity
- Communicate expiring edibles promptly, so that product is given priority to be sold
- Communicate after reconciliations and report any discrepancies
- Educate new staff on all proper procedures for maintaining and replenishing inventory
- Ensure all products received in the store are compliant with the company, state, and federal laws
- Audit store transactions to ensure compliance with company, state, and federal laws
- Stay up to date on Marijuana packaging laws to ensure all third-party products are always compliant
- Receive all in-house and third-party products and enter into our applicable system according to all required policies and regulations
- Maintain expired/damaged product log and send waste product back to the grow as necessary
- Create manifests in accordance with state and federal law for the transfer of any product out of the store
- Keep documents such as manifests and invoices maintained and organized
- Barcode each SKU accordingly after an order is received and entered into the system
- Schedule end of month and end of year inventory audit
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent math skills
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Adaptable to changes
- Ability to maintain focus through frequent interruptions during projects
- Experienced with Google Sheets, Excel, and any other software required
- Minimum 3 years' experience in an inventory management role
- All candidates must be ready, willing, and able to work a fully flexible work schedule to include days, nights and weekends to meet fluctuating business demands based on the needs of the individual department
- Every job applicant must pass a comprehensive background check, including the mandates of the Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission. A job offer issued before the completion of a background check shall be contingent upon a positive result. A negative background check result may lead to the withdrawal of the job offer.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to stand, sit for extended periods and lift up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in a solitary, windowless environment for extended periods
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required and includes all other duties as assigned by management.
TILT is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to DEI. All qualified job applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to fostering diversity and leveraging the value of diversity with equity and inclusion.
For Company information, visit: www.tiltholdings.com
The people that make up Commonwealth Alternative Care (CAC) are a group of passionate cannabis advocates that are rooted in our community in and around Taunton, MA! We've built relationships with our neighbors to aid with fair and equitable access to cannabis, crafted intentional partnerships to source products/ingredients from local businesses, and give back to grassroots organizations around our state. We love what we do and work every day to produce the best products for our patients. Not to brag or anything, but we were recently crowned "Best THC Edible" by NECANN for 2020!
Our people are at the very center of what makes us great, and because of this, we invest in our employees, offering a comprehensive compensation package that includes benefits and career growth opportunities.
Benefits we offer to full-time employees
- 100% Employer Paid Premiums for Comprehensive Healthcare Plans (Health/Dental/Vision) / 70% for eligible dependents
- 10 days of Paid Time Off for your first year
- 11 Company Holidays
- Internal promotions
- Referral bonus program
- Employee discount
CAC is committed to providing the safest workplace possible given the recent COVID-19 health concerns. This includes providing PPE to all employees, ongoing cleaning measures, and trying to schedule/space work to allow us to follow CDC guidelines.
Commonwealth Alternative Care (CAC) is a subsidiary of Tilt Holdings.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Free Snacks / Drinks
Gender Neutral Facilities
Lunch & Learns
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote