SummaryThe current TerrAscend facility is located in Frederick, MD but will be moving to Hagerstown, MD within 2022. Candidates should be comfortable commuting to Frederick temporarily and long-term to Hagerstown, MD.
Organization: The TerrAscend Organization (OTCM: TRSSF) is permitted to cultivate, process, and dispense premium medical marijuana products to the medical marijuana patients in US States that have legalized medical marijuana products in a compassionate and safe manner. We are also committed to serving those states that have legalized recreational use by providing premium products. TerrAscend is creating an enduring, world-class company capable of operating under the standards of a highly regulated business looking to shape the future of marijuana-based therapies in the markets we serve. In Maryland, TerrAscend produces Kind Tree brand medical marijuana.
Job Summary:Packaging Leads are responsible for the Packaging of Medical Cannabis for patient consumption. As a Packaging Lead you will report to the Post-Harvest Manager and lead a team of Post-Harvest Associates in a coordinated effort to provide safe and effective medicine for Maryland patients in adherence with TerrAscend standards of quality and state rules and regulations. This position will primarily focus on Packaging flower products.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Adhere to the daily production schedule to ensure attainment of efficiency goals.
- Verify that all applicable working areas, tools, and processing equipment are maintained and in good working order prior to the start of each shift or batch.
- Clean and sanitize glassware, transfer materials, storage vessels, tools, equipment and working surfaces.
- Produce reliable and precise data for completion of all required batch, equipment, quality, inventory and state mandated seed to sale documentation.
- Accurately fill out all associated logs and tracking records.
- Perform processes with strict attention to quality, safety, and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Responsible for assisting in the managers to steer the team members through each shift.
- Prepare room for opening and closing of each shift.
- Keep equipment in good working condition.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of TerrAscend MD processes.
- Ensure the safety of themselves and other by maintaining a safe and orderly workspace.
- Other duties in packaging department or other departments as required
- Ensure team members are present in the room and redirect to the task at hand when necessary.
- Notify the Post-Harvest Manager of poor performance, behavior, and deviations from S.O.P.
- Ensure team members are completing SPC's and Logging Weights Appropriately
- Maintain a Safe and Productive Work Environment for all Individuals
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Production, Manufacturing, and Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Positive attitude & Self-motivated.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Able to push, pull or lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to pass a state background check
- Capable of sitting, standing, kneeling, bending, squatting and or walking for extended periods of time.
*** Background Check Requirement ***
As a condition of employment, a complete background investigation will be conducted based on the rules of the specific State in which the employee is hired. Typically, the state investigative process includes a state and federal background check.
At TerrAscend, employees and applicants are evaluated based on their qualifications, skills, and ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. TerrAscend is committed to assuring equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
TerrAscend is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, to include gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and gender identity, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and coworkers.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, and the like is not exhaustive, rather it is illustrative of the current essential functions required for the position.
This organization participates in E-Verify.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. E-Verify Works for Everyone For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.
Esta Organización Participa en E-Verify.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU.. Si E-Verify no puede confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar, este empleador está requerido a darle instrucciones por escrito y una oportunidad de contactar al Departamento de Seguridad Nacional (DHS) o a la Administración del Seguro Social (SSA) para que pueda empezar a resolver el problema antes de que el empleador pueda tomar cualquier acción en su contra, incluyendo la terminación de su empleo. Los empleadores sólo pueden utilizar E-Verify una vez que usted haya aceptado una oferta de trabajo y completado el Formulario I-9. Para más información sobre E-Verify, o si usted cree que su empleador ha violado sus responsabilidades de E-Verify, por favor contacte a DHS.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.