We are looking for a Farm Manager for a 200+ acre outdoor and greenhouse cannabis farm. Located on 800+ acres, bordered by the beautiful North Canadian River, near Okemah, Oklahoma. We are an awesome company with an amazing team and while we work really REALLY hard, we have a ton of fun together. Applicant must have experience in large scale agriculture. Cannabis experience is not required.
- Leadership, organizational and communication skills for activities including training employees and establishing schedules, workflow and SOPs
- Direct and oversee employee activities for all operations including propagation, planting, cultivating, irrigation, harvesting, product processing, production and record keeping
- Ensure adherence to compliance and safety regulations according to Oklahoma and company standards
- Plan and direct operations for optimum success and maximum crop production
- Plan operations based on factors such as crop maturity, weather conditions, pest mitigation etc.
- Inspect crops for Insects, disease and general health.
- Be responsible for all supply and equipment purchasing.
- Work with the owners to establish and maintain a working budget
- Maintain records for production rates, management practices, compliance reporting, and prepare financial and operational reports.
- Maintain operational records
- Hire, train and supervise employees engaged in planting, cultivating, irrigating, harvesting and production and processing.
- Enforce compliance, safety and company policies
No description provided.
Potential for on site housing, and relocation assistance for the right candidate.
Farm Management (Must Have) -Does not have to be cannabis farm management. Medium to Large scale Farm Management experience (>50 acres). At least 5 years of Farm Management experience -Leading a crew of 20 or more in a farming environment -Farm planning and scheduling. -Project Management – Construction and farm infrastructure development.
Equipment (Must Have) -Tractor Operation & Maintenance – you will be expected to operate equipment -Familiar with the specification, appropriate use, setup and maintenance of tractor implements -Mechanical transplanting, cultivation and harvest experience required.
Regenerative Farming Knowledge: (Nice to Have) -Intensive multi-species Cover Cropping -Water conservation strategies -Soil remediation -Ecosystem design and management -IPM under heavy constraints -A basic/general understanding of agronomic, plant and soil science. -Ability to interpret a soil test and assess the needs of a given field for a given crop.
Horticulture degree preferred but not required.
About Tribe Collective
No description provided.
Let’s get you hired! To apply to this job, create a free Vangst account below. Once you’re in, you can complete and submit your application right from this page.