The TerrAscend Organization (OTCM: TRSSF) is permitted to cultivate, process, and dispense premium medical marijuana products to the medical marijuana patients in US States that have legalized medical marijuana products in a compassionate and safe manner. We are also committed to serving those states that have legalized recreational use by providing premium products. TerrAscend is creating an enduring, world-class company capable of operating under the standards of a highly regulated business looking to shape the future of marijuana-based therapies in the markets we serve.
TerrAscend is currently seeking a cultivation general Supervisor who has experience in greenhouse, arboriculture, horticulture, or related field to assist with the cultivation of Kind Tree and Ilera products.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directs, monitors, and assists with all greenhouse operations under discretion of Cultivation Managers.
- Plans, coordinates, and assists with job planning.
- Direct and supervise cultivation crew leads and cultivation technicians in production and greenhouse operations.
- Implements safe work procedures in greenhouse and field operations.
- Develop, coach, and consistently execute TerrAscend's Standard Operating Procedures.
- Plan, organize and direct the production of live goods which ensuring the most effective
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective
- Assure attainment of business objectives and productions schedules while insuring product
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the facility supports
- Establish group and individual accountabilities throughout assigned departments for
- Improve manpower utilization within existing departments and processes
- Prioritize schedule on a daily basis and communicate to team
- Work to establish management practices throughout assigned areas which include all employees' positive involvement with opportunity for constructive input and action
- Conduct routine maintenance on production equipment
- Continually improve safety record by addressing both physical and safety attitudes
- Maintain and improve housekeeping in all areas
- Maintain individual skills keeping up to date with latest production and production management concepts
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- 4-year degree, helpful but not required
- Two years of experience in greenhouse, arboriculture, horticulture, or related field.
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills
- High energy level required
- Strong leadership, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule to meet the business needs including weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of Cannabis products a plus, but not required
*** Background Check Requirement ***
As a condition of employment, a complete background investigation will be conducted based on the rules of the specific State in which the employee is hired. Typically, the state investigative process includes a state and federal background check.
At TerrAscend, employees and applicants are evaluated based on their qualifications, skills, and ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. TerrAscend is committed to assuring equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
TerrAscend is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, to include gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and gender identity, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and coworkers.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, and the like is not exhaustive, rather it is illustrative of the current essential functions required for the position.
This organization participates in E-Verify.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. E-Verify Works for Everyone For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.
Esta Organización Participa en E-Verify.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU.. Si E-Verify no puede confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar, este empleador está requerido a darle instrucciones por escrito y una oportunidad de contactar al Departamento de Seguridad Nacional (DHS) o a la Administración del Seguro Social (SSA) para que pueda empezar a resolver el problema antes de que el empleador pueda tomar cualquier acción en su contra, incluyendo la terminación de su empleo. Los empleadores sólo pueden utilizar E-Verify una vez que usted haya aceptado una oferta de trabajo y completado el Formulario I-9. Para más información sobre E-Verify, o si usted cree que su empleador ha violado sus responsabilidades de E-Verify, por favor contacte a DHS.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.