SummaryEveryone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that's what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person's individuality, because there's power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That's why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL...
The Cultivation Supervisor is a detail-oriented problem solver who can motivate large teams and is ready to make an impact ensuring the production of the highest quality plant available.
This role is with NETA, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (A Joint Venture with Cookies) and Texas (Goodblend). At NETA, we are a passionate group of patient advocates, experienced professionals, industry leaders and philanthropists. We have come together to improve the quality of patients' lives through personalized care and the best in the art and science of medical marijuana. We provide registered patients and recreational customers in Massachusetts with first-rate marijuana therapies at our registered dispensaries in Brookline, Northampton, and Franklin. For more information, visit https://www.netacare.org
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Supervise daily activities of hourly production associates.
- Oversee all aspects of cultivation operations including managing production plans and schedules by assigning daily tasks to cultivation team.
- Follow and implement cultivation SOP's to drive cultivation process effectiveness.
- Identify current team's performance and operational gaps and provide alternative solutions to improve practices.
- Enforces adherence to Quality, Safety, and Compliance requirements as defined by Parallel and government agencies.
- Train new team member on Parallel's cultivation practices and techniques.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU'LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and time management abilities.
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience leading teams.
- Proficiency in windows-based software, relevant software systems, andInternetnavigation.
- 3+ years of experience in the cultivation industry, horticulture, or agriculture.
- Understanding of cannabis genetics and plant characteristics.
- Experience in introducing new varieties of plants and regional cultivation
- Must be able to push, pull and move up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, lift objects on a regular basis, and perform daily repetitive tasks in small spaces that can be high in heat, high in humidity, wet or dry.
- Exposure to extreme hot and humid temperatures exceeding 100 degrees Fahrenheit throughout the duration of the shift.
- The ability to wear personal protective gear during portions of the day.
- The ability to ascend/descend a ladder.
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU...
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn't fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the "traditional" solution isn't the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision - why we exist - is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission - how we will do this - is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values - Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
401(k) with Company Match
Charitable Gift Matching
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote