The Inventory Specialist will report to the Store Manager to assist the store's operations. The Inventory Specialist will also be primarily responsible for:
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of products and strains in the store, as well as industry-wide product knowledge
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining inventory levels, ensuring an assortment of product, and communicating inventory action items with the Inventory Control Manager
- Manage delivery receipt of medical marijuana and the mapping of product in POS confirming accuracy of inventory transport manifest. All corrections must be done before delivery driver leaves the store.
- Build Purchase Orders from Invoices with extreme attention to detail
- Ensure that products are available to patients on the online menu by the end of delivery day on scheduled days worked. Communicates to Inventory Control Manager and confirms when deliveries are officially mapped and completed in the system on scheduled days worked, so deliveries are properly tracked and recorded in to the INVENTORY HUB.
- Aware of and comply with all Department of Health procedures in regards to transportation, tracking, and inventory reporting.
- Perform daily inventory counts and reconcilliations through our MJ Freeway ETS.
- Accountable for system efficiency; catches, investigates, reconciles, and reports all discrepancies to Inventory Manager
- Conduct inventory spot checks throughout the week on both walk-in and sales floor inventory.
- Process purchase and sales orders upon receiving invoices/manifests and notifying Inventory Control Manager/Inventory Control Assistant of its availability to map into the system upon completetion (Products/Strains will be prebuilt in to system by Inventory Control Manager beforehand).
- Keeps an eye on non-medicated levels to ensure grinders and vaporizers are still at a healthy level and notifies when in need of purchasing.
- Establish inventory controls to conduct monthly inventory reviews and annual comprehensive inventories of medical marijuana at the facility. A written or electronic record shall be created or maintained of each inventory findings and the employee identification numbers, titles or positions of the person who conducts the inventory.
- Reports important info/feedback to Inventory Control Manager
- Can be called upon to act as Shift Supervisor as needed, see Shift Supervisor Job Responsibilities including cash management and opening/closing the store.
- Reports feedback about MJ Freeway intergrations including iHeartJane & Springbig
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or General Education Development (GED) required
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in any field preferred
- Experience or study emphasis in biology, medicine, horticulture, agriculture, business, management, or hospitality
- Minimum of 2 years combined dispensary, call center, retail, sales, hospitality, or customer service experience
- Excellent computer and technical skills, including experience with web browsers, retail POS systems, and credit card processing terminals.
- High-level critical thinking, attention to detail, mathematical, language, and reasoning skills
- Must be comfortable adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions and decimals, and high-volume cash handling
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequently sitting and standing
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally Twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Complete any needed assistance including oversight and coverage outside of
- the assigned region as required
- An environment with moderate to loud noise level
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, and Paid Time Off.
I have reviewed this job description, and I understand all my job duties and responsibilities. I am able to perform the essential functions as outlined. I understand that my job may change on a temporary or regular basis according to the needs of the store or department without it being specifically included in the job description.
It is prohibited to work off the clock. This includes phone conversations longer than answering one question, responding to or sending emails, or visiting the dispensary to perform work duties. If a work call or work task is a necessity during an unscheduled work time, inform your supervisor and log the hours. Working off the clock can lead to disciplinary action.
I further understand that future performance evaluations are based on my ability to perform the duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description to the satisfaction of company standards. I have discussed any questions I may have had about this job description prior to signing this form.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
401(k) with Company Match
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability