The Retail Security Officer provides a safe and secure environment for visitors and employees by enforcing Department of Health regulations and by continuously watching for and timely reporting of potential safety hazards and unusual occurrences through patrol of assigned areas. Maintains order and compliance with regulations as necessary. Investigates complaints or potential criminal conduct; assists in restraining threats as necessary; provides protective services.
- Access control for guests, patients, tenants, and vendors.
- Enforcement of Client and Company policies and procedures.
- Observation and reporting of fire and safety hazards.
- Conduct of routine foot patrols in and around building.
- Reporting of all pertinent issues and incidents to the general manager, Deputy Chief of Security, and other Security Managers as appropriate.
- Interaction with a variety of persons including clients, visitors, public safety officials, employees, and the public
- Operate all surveillance CCTV, alarm systems, access control and related equipment
- Ensure that date and time stamps on videos are accurate and that camera views are not obstructed
- Maintain strict confidentiality with respect to the operations, controls, and procedures involved in surveillance activities
- Immediately notify VP of Global Security/SOC, and related security managers in the event of a mechanical malfunction of the security or surveillance system that is anticipated to exceed a 4-hour period
- If the facility has been notified in writing by the Department or its authorized agents, law enforcement, or other Federal, State, or local government officials of a pending criminal or administrative investigation for which a recording may contain relevant information, the facility shall retain an unaltered copy of the recording for 4 years or until the investigation or proceeding is closed or the entity conducting the investigation or proceeding notifies the facility that it is not necessary to retain the recording whichever is longer.
- Conduct monthly KPI Inventory Audits, Security Equipment Inspections, Fire and Burglar Alarm system tests and Access Control System Audits as required by the Pennsylvania Department of Health Regulations and company policies
- All other job duties, assignments and details as required or assigned
- Requires wide ranging availability because of the nature of the business and the scope of the position
- Ability to be called in and/or work at multiple/different locations
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or General Education Development (GED) required
- Associate or Bachelors degree in any field preferred
- Experience with customer service in retail
- Experience in law enforcement, military, or security related fields
- Wide range of availability including but not limited to weekdays, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to be called in to cover call-outs, events, extra coverage and related circumstances
- Experience with commercial alarm systems, security camera systems, and access control systems
- Experience with conducting audits and inspections along with completing the necessary reports
- Excellent computer, mathematical, language, reporting and reasoning skills
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and judgement over the phone and in person
- Occasionally requires local travel, as needed
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequently standing, walking, and patrolling the store along with surrounding property
- Occasionally, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally Twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, schedule, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This position is in a retail store environment/location which operates seven days a week, 364 days a year including holidays and weekends. This position offers a starting pay rate of $17.00 per hour plus partial part-time employee benefits. Candidate must successfully complete federal, state, and local background checks as required by the Pennsylvania Department of Health and Jushi, LLC.
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
401(k) with Company Match
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability