Want to make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives while earning a competitive salary? At Dalitso, we are shaping the future of the cannabis industry, the fastest growing jobs sector in the U.S . The Irrigation Technician position provides to support the activities and operations of the Cultivation Department while abiding by all applicable policies, procedures, and operational guidelines. This position is generally responsible to assist with Irrigation and Pest Management operations. The Irrigation Technician will report to the Irrigation Manager and IPM Specialist.
- Responsible to complete any work assigned during scheduled shifts.
- Provide any necessary support to the management team to ensure cultivation duties are efficiently and timely completed in a manner consistent with the company's Standard Operation Procedure for each duty.
- Initial Cultivation Associate duties will involve essential Cultivation operations and may be expanded over time.
- Daily responsibilities include plant work, and specifically (but not exclusively) irrigation checks, irrigation maintenance, seed-to-sale tracking data input, sweeping and disinfecting cultivation rooms, disposing of used growing media, preparing nutrient solutions, preparing nutrient stock tanks, maintaining correct nutrient pH, EC, and temperature, implementing irrigation schedules, and all general cleaning.
- Weekly responsibilities include spot cleaning, filling flower rooms with plants, scouting pests, maintaining plant inventory, consolidating vegetative trays, applying predatory insects, cleaning irrigation equipment, general plant work, preparing rooms for a new transplant, planting into coco cubes, watering, and light maintenance.
- Monthly responsibilities include harvesting, irrigation installation, hanging sticky cards for IPM monitoring, helping with monthly on-hand inventory counts, and assisting with safety meetings.
- Responsible to follow all applicable operational guidelines, comply with verbal directives, and practice and/or implement all safety, security, sanitation, policies, procedures, rules, skills, and the like presented during training, by management, in Standard Operating Procedures, or otherwise when performing job duties.
- Responsible to understand and follow all GACP/GMP guidelines throughout the facility.
- Perform such other duties as employee is qualified to perform and may be assigned.
- Knowledge of large-scale commercial plant cultivation, including but not limited to, nutrient requirements, integrated pest management, irrigation principles, growing media, light requirements, temperature control, and airflow.
- Experience with compliance systems.
- Cannabis plant and genetics knowledge.
- Must accept accountability, have a proactive attitude, and demonstrate consistent attention to detail.
- Active listening and effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences, are critical.
- Basic math skills are necessary.
- Basic understanding of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and particularly those governing cannabis, and organizational rules, directives, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to work independently throughout the day in accordance with instructions.
- Ability to use standard office equipment, and particularly computer equipment and software such as word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications, and electronic mail.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees, management, customers, government representatives such as facility inspectors.
- Preferred: degree in Horticulture, Plant Science, Agronomy, Plant Biology, or related field or a minimum of 2 years of experience cultivating plants.
- Must pass background and drug screening
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required of the employee for this job. Further, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- While performing duties associated with the Cultivation Associate position, the employee will be required to perform regular grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- The Cultivation Technician will be required to stand for long periods of time on a regular basis and to use their hands to perform detailed work.
- Comfortable working at heights ranging from 10 - 30 feet.
- Lift up to 50lbs., stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 10 hours, frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach.
Dalitso is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
401(k) with Company Match
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability