The role of Quality Engineer at Jupiter Research will include utilizing critical thinking and statistical methodologies to evaluate and investigate product defects in order to resolve customer complaints and improve product quality. This role will also be responsible for collaborating with the research team to identify possible quality improvements and develop thorough testing protocol to validate possible product changes.
- Evaluate business goals, identify improvement opportunities, and apply scientific methods, statistics, and problem-solving techniques to improve and sustain product quality and process effectiveness.
- Establish and manage programs, policies, and procedures to evaluate quality and performance of Jupiter product and customer processes.
- Investigate possible design improvements as it relates to product quality
- Establishes statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error; determining levels of confidence
- Support the development, maintenance, and improvement of the Jupiter Quality Management System.
- Prepare and present reports pertaining to product improvement and quality to management team by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing test data
- Plan and execute projects and team activities to facilitate changes that have a statistical impact on business results, especially as it relates to meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Provide customer support to determine root cause and identify possible solutions to product defect complaints.
- Assist manufacturer with development and implementation of corrective and preventive action plans to improve overall ISO compliance and quality results.
- Work directly with the manufacturer to improve product and manufacturing process quality.
Qualifications: Experience, Education
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent specialized experience.
- 3+ years' experience with Quality Assurance programs.
- Manufacturing environment experience preferred.
- Experience with method development and optimization.
- Experience working in cross-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in an ISO-9001 QMS.
- Ability to understand and apply statistical and business improvement tools to improve and sustain products.
- Excellent statistical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to conceptualize, analyze, plan and organize projects.
- Reasoning skills for problem identification and resolution.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to apply quality control theories and principles to an operational environment.
- Ability to communicate detailed, technical initiatives to non-technical people.
- Ability to work constructively through problems with coworkers and customers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- This position works in a fast-paced laboratory/office environment.
- Must be willing to travel and obtain a Chinese visa (international a possibility).
- Must be able to sit and stand for up to eight (8) hours a day.
- This position requires light work with 50 pounds maximum weight to lift and carry.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Free Snacks / Drinks
Gender Neutral Facilities
Lunch & Learns
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote